• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

upair blind

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
AND HOW YOU DO IT?

Please help.

With..timing of L-Canceling and just generally how to do it. I'm looking at you Eggz...

Ronin686

Smash Ace
You don't need to L-cancel the uair if you do it immediately after you jump.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
So if I do a low UAIR it'll auto cancel? Do I even have to fast fall? Because with Eggz he keeps it going and going? How does he do that?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Is this the same with Doctor Mario? Because I've been SHFFLing my uair combos with both Marios all this time. @_@

eggz - i never have to l cancel my uairs unless i do them late.
they auto cancel out of shorthops, just do them faster.

mario-man

Smash Lord
LOL WOW!! uairs auto cancel if you're any good at them at ALL!! WOW PPLZ!! hahahaha xD jk

but still, it is the truth

to answer the original question: shorthop then immediately uair(being careful not to double jump) to fastfall............. remove, rinse, insert, repeat

or just be Eggz. that makes it a whole lot easier

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Is this the same with Doctor Mario? Because I've been SHFFLing my uair combos with both Marios all this time. @_@
if you do it immediately after you jump, then no; you dont have to l cancel, the animation ends before you land.

If you u.air late for any reason; be it you're slow, or you're doing a deep u.air, then you have to l cancel it like normal.

And yes, i just pulled out 2-d fighter termonology. Suck it. XD

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
So After I short hop I just UAIR and it should Auto cancel? Because I usually

Run up towards opponent
Short hop
UAIR
And end up/trying to L-Cancel?

Thanks for all the help so far.

mario-man

Smash Lord
yep that's correct.

and to answer your other question, unless you're really uBEr fast (and I do mean UbER fast), use the control stick. Most people end up bringing the uair out a little later because of having to move their thumb farther to reach the c-stick

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Okay just to sum it up :

First practice SHing with Fast Fall out of a Dash
secondly you generally have to FastFall them ofcourse unless they go high enough but screw that just fast fall them!!!
I never l-cancel my Uairs ...like everyone said AutoCancel it

and LOL ofcourse you have to use the CStick!!! if you try to do it with the Control Stick your gonna jump and you cant FastFall it like that anyway!!!

Dash-SH Uair-FastFall-SH Uair-Fast Fall and so on

BUT! : Dont try like 5 of them 2 or 3 is enough then finish it with a smash or a Nair which is easier in my opinion...
When to use it :
I Would use it if the Oponnent hast more than 60% ...nah like about 35%(Doc) to 60%(Falco)
Also its not a really good idea jumping right into him i never do that because its actually pretty hard and they dont fly with you across the stage if they are fast fallers.
So do them after an UpTilt or an UpThrow

You cant really do them on these characters :
Falco,Fox (Really difficult in my opinion)
Jigglypuff (Cant combo anything on Purin)
Kirby (...wouldnt say so)
DK (I dont know but dont really try it too often)
Ice Climbers
Samus (dont think so)

Basically you need to find out yourself but these are excellent for the Uair Blinds :
Doc/Mario
Falcon
Ganondorf
Roy
LINK!!!
YoungLink!
Bowser
Yoshi
Sheik

Whatever... ask Eggz for more infos

Ronin686

Smash Ace
yep that's correct.

and to answer your other question, unless you're really uBEr fast (and I do mean UbER fast), use the control stick. Most people end up bringing the uair out a little later because of having to move their thumb farther to reach the c-stick

Uhhhh it's really easy to use the C-stick. I think you're just bad.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
It's a coincidence if we use both. For starters, it's just easier to use the C-Stick. For those who are used to the C-Stick, use the C-stick. For those who are used to the Control Stick, Up-Airs then use those.

Auto Cancel is smex....

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
oh really Envy...then show me your Uair shffls without c-stick coz i dont believe its as fast as the C-Stick way of doing it lol

iMichael

Smash Lord
oh really Envy...then show me your Uair shffls without c-stick coz i dont believe its as fast as the C-Stick way of doing it lol
lol man I'm trippin....I thought he was talking about just doing two in the air...I was like wtf just tap A again...shffls yes use the c-stick....**** I feel like a scrub....-1 for Envy. lol my bad Super Mari0

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Okay just to sum it up :

First practice SHing with Fast Fall out of a Dash
secondly you generally have to FastFall them ofcourse unless they go high enough but screw that just fast fall them!!!
I never l-cancel my Uairs ...like everyone said AutoCancel it

and LOL ofcourse you have to use the CStick!!! if you try to do it with the Control Stick your gonna jump and you cant FastFall it like that anyway!!!

Dash-SH Uair-FastFall-SH Uair-Fast Fall and so on

BUT! : Dont try like 5 of them 2 or 3 is enough then finish it with a smash or a Nair which is easier in my opinion...
When to use it :
I Would use it if the Oponnent hast more than 60% ...nah like about 35%(Doc) to 60%(Falco)
Also its not a really good idea jumping right into him i never do that because its actually pretty hard and they dont fly with you across the stage if they are fast fallers.
So do them after an UpTilt or an UpThrow

You cant really do them on these characters :
Falco,Fox (Really difficult in my opinion)
Jigglypuff (Cant combo anything on Purin)
Kirby (...wouldnt say so)
DK (I dont know but dont really try it too often)
Ice Climbers
Samus (dont think so)

Basically you need to find out yourself but these are excellent for the Uair Blinds :
Doc/Mario
Falcon
Ganondorf
Roy
LINK!!!
YoungLink!
Bowser
Yoshi
Sheik

Whatever... ask Eggz for more infos
Dude. I love you!

Thanks for all the help. But crap, my friend is a Samus player..Whatever, the sex kick always trips him up!

Top Bottom