• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"up until now" a hoax!

DQP

Smash Ace
you were fools to think that sakurai was really going to take out ness. i didn't believe the "up until now" thing because i knew that no one could replace ness. if i could, i would delete the up until now phrase on the dojo right now

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it was a prank.
Sakurai is a self-proclaimed prankster afterall, im sure he took so much joy watching people wallowing in sorrow thinking he was out.(other people, not me, i never doubted)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Ness is a hidden character. He took the freaking effort to HIDE HIM even after he released his info. I'm pretty sure Sakurai wanted to say something that wouldn't GIVE HIM AWAY.

Levitas

the moon
So you go to the place where the people who were most likely to believe Ness was still in talk to each other and call them a bunch of idiots for thinking that he was out, despite the fact that many of us didn't ever think that? Way to go.

saratos

Smash Apprentice
It was no hoax. It was poor translation. I even said that then.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I was sure that Ness wouldn't be taken out of Brawl, but I really don't care becuause I never use him.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Does it matter? Up until now doesn't mean, and has never meant, that Ness is out. Anyone who said otherwise just didn't listen to me. You'll all know better from now on.

Levitas

the moon
Ademisk, you didn't even come to the brawl boards until very recently. I was actually saying that on the brawl boards n stuff. But really, it's a moot point now.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lol I got majorly flamed after Lucas' special moves update saying that his differences from melee Ness show that there's a chance that Ness is still in and not just "improvements"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What you people talking about...Ness in Brawl!?!?! Absurd...

He's clearly deconfirmed on the DOJO...just look at the Lucas update

DQP

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Ness is a hidden character. He took the freaking effort to HIDE HIM even after he released his info. I'm pretty sure Sakurai wanted to say something that wouldn't GIVE HIM AWAY.
he IS a hidden char. do you think that sakurai's going to put lucas and ness together in the starting roster?

Krell

Smash Journeyman
The idea that Ness would be removed never even crossed my mind as a possibility. It seemed pretty obvious that all of the originals would return in some playable form. I just laughed at folks who said "Lucas is a clone, just look at him. He has PK Thunder!" when his A moves were pointed out to be completely different.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Why are we still on this? Some people, including me, brought up other things that could possibly deconfirm him and not just the "Up Until Now" statement. But it doesn't matter anymore since he's in now. I don't feel ashamed, pwned, or anything like that. I just know that I have a score to settle with some members on these boards on Wi-Fi. Simple as that

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Nobody ever brought up a single point that deconfirms him. That's my only point. People are trying to justify it by saying Sakurai was joking or lied or something, and that's just the pansy way out. You guys were wrong, face it like a man.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Well let me rephrase, we brought up good points that were against him. I'm over his inclusion and I am taking it like a man. I will handle it over Wi-Fi. My challengers know exactly who they are.

finalark

SNORLAX
I still feel kind of bad for flaming people who were right about Ness' return...

and what made it worse is that fact that I main him in Melee...

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I seriously don't understand what 10char means. What are you talking about?
You can't post less than 10 characters in a post and if someone only has less than 10 characters in the post to type, then they'll put 10char in spoiler tags. That way the post will actually go through.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
.........huh. Okay, whatever. But yeah, I'm no normal Ness player. I've worked my *** off the last year to become extremely good with Ness in Melee, no small feat which I feel translates a great amount of ability to Brawl, considering his similarity.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
.........huh. Okay, whatever. But yeah, I'm no normal Ness player. I've worked my *** off the last year to become extremely good with Ness in Melee, no small feat which I feel translates a great amount of ability to Brawl, considering his similarity.
It makes no difference to me. I can work myself to becoming good with a character as well, something I plan to do with a newcomer. In other words, someone I can't really prepare for b/c they aren't in Melee.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
True enough, but beyond movests and character specific things there's also mental games which you can take from Melee. IE, the reason Gimpyfish is still top tier in Brawl.

And AB, this whole topic belongs in a PM.

Top Bottom