• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up-tilt/up C for uair combos?

jamijami

Smash Rookie
what is more worthwhile/faster/more efficiant basically.
either using:
- up tilts in air
- upC in air

i find myself double jumping sometimes when using the up-tilt, but also find using the upC slightly slower for reactions.

hmm...

i'm relitavely new with mario, so the help would be appreciated.

:bee:

chuurs jamijami

jamijami

Smash Rookie
haha of course!
but i mean which way of doing up airs is best? so then i can practice that one?

a rookie

Smash Ace
Well, I started off using the control stick for up-airs. It's better because it makes you more fluent. I only apply the c-stick for up-airs if I'm dropping through a platform. My up-air combos come from the up-air from the control stick. But it's way more difficult learning how to use the control stick. For instance, you have to perform a:

short hop --> an aerial attack --> fast fall at the peak of your jump --> L cancel

With a C-Stick it's easier, lol. But I prefer control stick since it feels better for me.

n0ne

Smash Ace
i think it depends... for example, for mindgames it is possible to buffer a double jump after a uair, aftter that u can make another atack for aproaches... in this case i use the control stick but if im uair comboing then c-stick

j3ly

Smash Champion
this be the little nooblet that im training :)

getting good with mario fast! cant beat him with my IC's, and i can take out some good players with my ics o_O

Top Bottom