• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up-tilt! COME ON!

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
lets discuss how god-like..or maybe n00b-like the up-tilt is.

it has no side side range. but ive seen iceys go on top of a unteched laying down character and use it. and then it sets up for great combos.

ive also seen it used and then grabbed from!

comment/combos/anything?

sharee!

pockyD

Smash Legend
does the utilt work as an edgeguard vs. phantasm/illusion? and if so, only at the top or part of the body too?

i've been having trouble getting my fsmash out recently and i'm looking for a better option when they come in high like that

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
The IC's utilt is pretty godly. It outprioritizes almost every dair in the game, as well as a lot of lateral recoveries. Btw pockyD, Fox and Falco's overBs have THE worst priority in the game, so my guess is that utilt would work on it.

Forgot to mention that on Great Bay, under that ledge in the middle of the level thats notoriously easy to stagespike off of, you can utilt infinite in a similar way to the wobbles infinite grab.

cemo

white walker
You could wait for them to land and grab/dsmash, if they're coming in high with the side-b.
Onto a platform? Just bair or something. sexy sexy.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Btw pockyD, Fox and Falco's overBs have THE worst priority in the game, so my guess is that utilt would work on it.

i know the top part of utilt would work on it; i'm basically wondering how far down on the ICs body the hitbox goes

Smash Master
Can you desynch somehow so that you can Wobble with u-tilt. I keep trying, but I can't find a way. Nana always trots back to Popo and the tilt no longer connects. If you could Wobble with u-tilt, that would be godly.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
wobble w/ u-tilt seems like it would just be flashy way/uneeded way to do it.

style is unimportant, whereas winning is what matters

Spontaneous Spaz

Smash Cadet
i tried a billion times to desync utilt infinite, and ya, u can desync it so its continuous, but no, its not an infinite, because the last hit of the utilt has knockback (up) which over prioritises nana's next first-hit-utilt thingy.

the only way it works is on great bay, because the ceiling is so low, they can't help but get caught over and over in it (desynced that is...)

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
you cant wobble with the utilt. you can get a couple utilt hits in immediately after a dashed grab as nana is sliding back to popo with that invisible leash or whatever (hard to explain but u know what i mean)... and that's usually only on larger char like dorf. but once nana returns, the utilt hitbox doesnt reach over to the side far enough to wobble. you also cant desynch utilt infinite because, as spaz said, the last knockback hit out prioritizes.

its a great move but take it for what it is.

if you wanna do something fun but not practical at all, in team matches when its 2v1 at the end, have your partner grab and do desynched blizzards to infinite them in the grab. kind of like the sheik rapid-a infinite that ken and isai like to do. just be sure to space it well so you dont hit your partner.

Top Bottom