• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up Throw Gimmick

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
Hey, I found this earlier in an online doubles match with friends.
This may be known already, but Meta Knight's Up throw, when coming down, has an extremely powerful hitbox now. By this, I mean if you have a third player next to you when you up throw a 2nd player, they will be hit when you're coming downwards.

This is extremely powerful, it can kill at like 65% on a lot of characters, too bad it's only competitive use is doubles. I'd presume that Kirby up throw and charizard up throw can do this too, but I haven't tested it. I haven't tested extensively, but the hitbox seems to exist everywhere he is falling down.

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
Okay, so I tested kirby and charizard's u throw. Kirby's does have any hitbox on it at all and charizard's seems to only hit right at the ground. Charizard's u throw hitbox is not nearly as strong as Meta Knight's.

Kusovai

Smash Rookie
That's... a really strange thing to buff in light of all the other nerfs. Maybe I should start up throwing more..

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Interesting, thanks for letting us know!!

Top Bottom