• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up Throw -> Dolphin Slash tipper on Fox/Falco

Mobius_

Smash Cadet
I'll start off by saying this is a free hard punish if you miss but it's very easy to hit on forward/no DI, imagine a Fox Uthrow Uair with a bigger window to read their DI and jump towards them.

It sets up an edgeguard as low as 70ish% on FD from center stage
As soon as the spacie is out of range for an Uthrow Fsmash, Uthrow UpB will easily connect.
It's also a true combo according to training mode

It works on Fox from around 40-110%, Falco around 50-100%.

I haven't tried this on a human opponent yet though, so it's just an idea as of right now.

Here's a video

Last edited:

Masondeanm

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming you don't have 20XX. In my limited experience training solo on vanilla, lvl 3 CPU's have decently random DI on Marth's u-throw (probably on everything else too, but it's very noticeable in that scenario). I would test it out on that if there's no people around.

Mobius_

Smash Cadet
I do have 20XX, I'm positive you can connect with it on any DI 20XX Fox can throw out. It's just a tad bit harder if they DI behind you

Big Daddy Josh

Smash Apprentice
Definitely going to try this out on 20xx myself, because that seems like an awesome mix-up to throw out.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
No 20XX necessary. Just use this when uthrow to fsmash becomes impossible. For no DI, I'd probably just uair, depends. But DI behind/away is ez$.

Top Bottom