• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B tumble?

Pokemar

Smash Rookie
Hello all. I'm not a Pit main but I have a question regarding his up-B. For a little context I was on FG as Mario and the Pit used up-B near the edge of the stage. I dunno if I naired or caped him but I hit him just as his up-B started, causing him to end up in a tumbling animation IIRC while still having the glow from that move around him. He wasn't helpless since he could still side-B but his timing was off; probably caught off-guard by what happened. Anyway, I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone here and what's the deal with it? I assume the timing is a little strict to do this to a Pit often but I can't be sure since I couldn't save a replay. :/

Last edited:

Glunkus

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperNESoverlord
3DS FC
3179-6501-9825
For lots of moves, if they're interrupted right as a graphical effect starts, the graphical effect will stay even in the hitstun animation and disappear with it's normal timing. It happens with pretty much any move that has a special graphical effect, like Zelda's neutral B. So probably you just hit him on like the first frame he started glowing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom