• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B spike?

ToonLuigi

Smash Cadet
Sorry to sound newbish, but I just have a quick question. Does Mario's Up-B spike edgeguarders? I've noticed it a few times but I wasn't really sure, so I decided to ask.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That's pretty much true. If you Up-B an opponent close to the ledge or hanging around the bottom, it'll cause a stage spike, but Mario's Up-B can't spike on it's own.

Would be freaken awesome if it did though.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
That's pretty much true. If you Up-B an opponent close to the ledge or hanging around the bottom, it'll cause a stage spike, but Mario's Up-B can't spike on it's own.

Would be freaken awesome if it did though.
This makes me think about what would happen if you cape someone going strait up...

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
At high percentages when you've got your opponent airborne (at a reasonable height close to the roof of the stage), Super Jump Punch can actually manage a K.O on opponents with its last hit. Capestalling in the air helps in my experience for this; set them up in the air and use the cape to get ready to uppercut them into oblivion.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
Yea up B stage spikes a lot of times for me. it's good but if there hanging on the stage u have to hit them with the last frame to stage spike.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Yea up B stage spikes a lot of times for me. it's good but if there hanging on the stage u have to hit them with the last frame to stage spike.
You've done that spike on my Luigi even when it wasn't the last frame.

Top Bottom