• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up + B question

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
My friend plays wolf and he told me to ask this.

Some times when you Up + B, the Up + B moves after it has already started (which normally ends up killing him), does anyone know why this happens, how to control it, the uses this might have?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
honestly i don't know what you are talking about. can u be a lil bit more clear?

Zeldasalsa

Smash Cadet
it happens usually when u use it in midair. there's pretty much nothing that can stop it. just use DA to get closer back to the stage when ur falling off.

Sofa0990

Smash Rookie
Here is a situation that i am currenly facing with my new found love for wolf.

i find him amazing at fighing and i can handle his recovery well in almost any circumstance EXCEPT WHEN...

I use Wolf flash to recover and instead of grabbing the edge he falls but is not helpless. just to clarify i have no problem with this because my reactions are fine and i usually hit UP+B in time. The problem occurs when i hit UP+B to recover wolf, more often than not, gets caught under the lip of the stage then falls and dies. I have seen videos of people in the same situation but they manage to make 'Fire Wolf' follow the lip of the stage to the edge, where they grab on. i have tried this but end up going in paralell with the lip but not following it, missing the ledge grabbing oppertunity and fall down facing opposite to the ledge.

Is there anyone here who can enlighten me as to how to recover from this situation. It is not directly under the ledge but slightly past it

_____________.
____________/

*= where i get stuck

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
honestly i don't know what you are talking about. can u be a lil bit more clear?
Ok, you see when you do the Up + B, Wolf stops and charges, then he launches off in a direction. Now sometimes in Mid-Air, when Wolf stop and charges, WHILE he is charging he moves to the left or right a few paces, but enough to leave you trapped underneath the lip of FD (just like the drawing of the previous poster) when in fact you should have made it to the edge.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to stop it or use it for your own good?

karaku32

Smash Rookie
Uses for U+B in the air

i only use this move for recovery in two situations:

1. i use the UP+B technique for going up when i fall too far down the side and need it too get back up

2. i also use it too get down when someone sends me upwards (doesn't work when smashed at full power)

These are the two uses i use the UP+B move. Please let me know if you find any more uses

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
Here is a situation that i am currenly facing with my new found love for wolf.

i find him amazing at fighing and i can handle his recovery well in almost any circumstance EXCEPT WHEN...

I use Wolf flash to recover and instead of grabbing the edge he falls but is not helpless. just to clarify i have no problem with this because my reactions are fine and i usually hit UP+B in time. The problem occurs when i hit UP+B to recover wolf, more often than not, gets caught under the lip of the stage then falls and dies. I have seen videos of people in the same situation but they manage to make 'Fire Wolf' follow the lip of the stage to the edge, where they grab on. i have tried this but end up going in paralell with the lip but not following it, missing the ledge grabbing oppertunity and fall down facing opposite to the ledge.

Is there anyone here who can enlighten me as to how to recover from this situation. It is not directly under the ledge but slightly past it

_____________.
____________/

*= where i get stuck
dont use wolf fire.

the ONLY time it should be used is for recoveries when you have fallen too far past the ledge. when doing so this can be tricky (example fd) because one needs to use the [top left angle] or [top right angle] on the dstick. in which case if youre having trouble at fd i would suggest wall jumping. for levels that can be easily scared (such as animal crossing or battlefield) fall underneath the level to avoid ledge guarding and once youre directly below the trapezoidal angle use youre wolf fire directly up.

____________.
----------------/
---------------/
.``````````^
.``````````|
------------HERE

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know why you fall like that sometimes after hitting the ledge with his side-b?

And ORLy has it right. The best choice is to jump right away before falling down, otherwise they're just going to edge hog you when you go for Up-b.

Asking b/c sometimes i like following up with that quick jump, but i don't know how I'm supposed to hit the ledge with side-b to cause that fall.

Top Bottom