• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up + B = Parachute!

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Game & Watch now opens its parachute after the Up + B has ended, enabling you to have a smooth ride down.

You can cancel it at any time by pressing down...

...and the best part is YOU CAN DO SOME ATTACKS AFTER IT!

This will really add depth to G&W's gameplay, and will extend he's recovery options.

I'm loving the buffs he was given ^_^

Red7z7

Smash Apprentice
hmm this isnt really a discussion topic, and also its been posted before in another topic in the gaw section. im hoping that the gaw fans wont just post everything they find all over the place, and instead will organize his information in one topic.

Strorauk

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it looks like you can pull the parachute in and land attacks. Looks so awesome for edgeguarding...

But question: do you think you can up-b again after you pull your chute in?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
His shield is also better, so basically G&W has seen a lot of defensive buffs. I'm betting his offense is still good like in Melee, so yeah. Good day to be a G&W main like me. =)

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
What was buffed on Game and watch? I heard he was a bit nerfed... Is it true his manhole is weaker.. and why did they change his parachute... yet make other characters clones

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
What was buffed on Game and watch? I heard he was a bit nerfed... Is it true his manhole is weaker.. and why did they change his parachute... yet make other characters clones
Game & Watch was buffed more than nerfed.
His manhole move is semi-nerfed; it no longer sends the opponents upwards like in Melee, but the new sidewards knockback seems to be very good. Also, manhole's range has been increased.
They changed his parachute because it's now part of his up-B move. This makes G&W even better in the air than he already was. And with Parachute already being part of up-B, they had to replace his neutral aerial with the fishbowl (Tropical Fish).

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Game & Watch was buffed more than nerfed.
His manhole move is semi-nerfed; it no longer sends the opponents upwards like in Melee, but the new sidewards knockback seems to be very good. Also, manhole's range has been increased.
They changed his parachute because it's now part of his up-B move. This makes G&W even better in the air than he already was. And with Parachute already being part of up-B, they had to replace his neutral aerial with the fishbowl (Tropical Fish).
How is the fishbowl's knockback? is it similar to the mighty parachute

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I never really played G&W because I didn't like is upB but now I think he might be my secondary

Top Bottom