• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-b Momentum trick/technique

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I was just messing around with Dedede today and found out that he can change his horizontal movement from one direction to another before he leaps with his Up-b. Like when you first press Up-b and he kinda looks like he is crouching to jump hold left and then right when he is just about to leap hold right or vice versa. Im pretty sure that once he leaps that you can't reverse that though. If you do it right it looks like he will shift a bit in one direction and then leap the opposite way. IDK how useful this will be but there have been a few times where it looked like I was stuck dead under a ledge and I kinda snaked my way around it and onto the stage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I knew about shortening his leap but didn't think this was well known. Is there some way I can just close my thread? There's not much of a point to have one now :)

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
now, im not sure if you guys are quite getting what he meant in the first post. while it is obvious that you can give direction to his up and B, i believe he was referring to the fact that when you first use it, you can for example slide to the left a bit but before the move actually launches, input right and he'll still leap right. Useful for when your underneath FD's lip, you can use that initial tiny left movement to get you out from under it, and still leap right to get above the stage. Now, if thats what you guys were calling obvious as well, then just ignore what i said. xD

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Lol?

You can also control the way your character walks by tilting the control stick.

I hope this hasn't been discovered already...

Top Bottom