• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B lets understand this move

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
That's makes me feel sexy because I've been doing that since 3ds xD.
T.T there is hope for me yet.
granted I've only really tried for it during the early versions when it was easier to get out.
You really should watch the Nairo video in our video thread. It's so awesome. He does a dsmash, runs over half of battlefield, jumps on a platform and does a full up b.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
That's sick I think I remember seeing that now that you mention it and I had something of a similar fashion, however I was always panicking trying to do it sooner.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
As far as I'm aware there's a delay between the first bit of the attack and the final kick, maybe that's it.
(If this has been said before, sorry tl;dr)

David Viran

Smash Lord
I did some testing on kill percents with up special in training mode with the best possible DI. The best DI was different depending on where you are like from the center of Final Destination the best DI is just holding down and you start dieing at 113%. From the ledge of Final Destination the best DI was to DI into zss and you start dieing at around 90%. I did this with wii fit because her weight is in the center of character weights. Now how you catch the DI can actually make you kill a percent or two earlier becuse if they hold left they go left or further away from the blast zone in this example. You don't want to hold left for too long or they accomplish that goal, what you want to do is keep directly under them the entire time because when the last kick comes around it will like force them farther infront of you putting them closer to the blastzone.

I've been hearing that when characters get to high enough percents they could start DIing out of up special. I tested this and I was able to catch all DI at any percent with every character. If I made a mistake or am just flat out wrong please tell me.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I did some testing on kill percents with up special in training mode with the best possible DI. The best DI was different depending on where you are like from the center of Final Destination the best DI is just holding down and you start dieing at 113%. From the ledge of Final Destination the best DI was to DI into zss and you start dieing at around 90%. I did this with wii fit because her weight is in the center of character weights. Now how you catch the DI can actually make you kill a percent or two earlier becuse if they hold left they go left or further away from the blast zone in this example. You don't want to hold left for too long or they accomplish that goal, what you want to do is keep directly under them the entire time because when the last kick comes around it will like force them farther infront of you putting them closer to the blastzone.

I've been hearing that when characters get to high enough percents they could start DIing out of up special. I tested this and I was able to catch all DI at any percent with every character. If I made a mistake or am just flat out wrong please tell me.
I can support everything you say. If someone can actually DI out of uSpecial it's the ZSSamus' players fault.
We really should do a combo and kill percent thread as soon as DeLux' next video hits the board.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I just did more testing on up b and found out it does have set knock back. But for some ungodly reason rage scales the knock back. I had Falco and I was at 120% and I could still catch his DI but it had to be almost perfect. I also was barley able to catch it on him at 130%.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
So the space animals can be caught. Good news.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
It's the sdi multiplier but you have to sdi the first hit perfectly when it has like no hit lag good luck. Kinda quoted it Smashkngsk.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
We should all just stop trying to catch di and start trying to mind game them into that last hit bro. I shouldn't have given my di away this would be the perfect thing g to test.

That down smash -> fox trot through them -> up b and they fly into the final kick trick that i went on about for like a page ; p. Man so many lists of random zss things i should come up with, so little funds to get the equipment.

*sigh* maybe I should win the lottery and see if they will let me register for apex If I increased the pot by 1 mill xD.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
We should all just stop trying to catch di and start trying to mind game them into that last hit bro. I shouldn't have given my di away this would be the perfect thing g to test.

That down smash -> fox trot through them -> up b and they fly into the final kick trick that i went on about for like a page ; p. Man so many lists of random zss things i should come up with, so little funds to get the equipment.

*sigh* maybe I should win the lottery and see if they will let me register for apex If I increased the pot by 1 mill xD.
I just ordered a capture card and would happily be the boards video making slave.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Sounds good to me I tried but I didn't set the TV compatibility mode and it looked horrible.

going to pray to God its just because I haven't streamed a wii u yet and it's not my capture card.

Pray for my soul I'm going to go work another 8 hours of manual labor after working 5 hours from 3 am....

T.T

tonyz723

Smash Rookie
I actually just yesterday realized that you can change the trajectory of your up special by holding either left or right as you do the move, which makes it more likely to get the final hit if you start it off with bad spacing (or more likely to miss if you hold the wrong direction). I'm sure I wasn't the only person who hadn't realized that, so I thought I should leave that here for any other newbies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I actually just yesterday realized that you can change the trajectory of your up special by holding either left or right as you do the move, which makes it more likely to get the final hit if you start it off with bad spacing (or more likely to miss if you hold the wrong direction). I'm sure I wasn't the only person who hadn't realized that, so I thought I should leave that here for any other newbies.
Most up specials can do that, but yeah, it's still pretty important to note. Especially since that "tech" works with all of ZSS's specials.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Something I've been doing semi-frequently and I think (not 100% sure) it's a factor of spacing it horizontally towards it's max range.

I hit people with the first and last hits of default up-b (as in, mostly avoiding hitting 2-4?). I have not seen someone escape this thus far; either by attack, air dodge or 'falling out'. I feel as if this has (very rarely) given me combos on the odd vertical disparities as well.
Other things like inputting away from your opponent and then back towards them could also help.

I felt this was the best place to bring this up, but maybe this has been covered somewhere else?

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Staleness does affect the chances of your opponent getting out of up b. Yeah more variables.

Top Bottom