• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up b kill on Falco at 0%!

Trueblade

Smash Cadet
NNID
TruestBlade
3DS FC
0061-0303-4576
Rage+ Falco Charging a Smash Attack
These two factors coupled with the first hit of Aether having high knockback so that it links with the rest of the move. He hit only the first hit with rage and while his opponent was charging a smash, so the first hit just killed outright.

It's such a rare occurrence that it's more of a minor gimmick than anything.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Well, it looks like Falco actually took a second hit from the spinning blade, but the knockback in this scenario is so high that the normal trapping hits don't do anything at all.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
jeez, how much does charging a smash increase knockback? anyone got a percetnage?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Charging a smash makes you receive 20% additional knockback. Rage will give you up to 15% additional knockback strength at 150% damage. Much like Roy's Blazer formerly killing instantly in certain situations, moves with high set knockback seem to scale very strangely with these effects.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Damn...

Still that adds up to like 35-40% more knockback? That doesn't really seem to account for all that happened in this video. Maybe they DI'd upward? Is that even a thing?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Like I said, set knockback moves seem to scale oddly with these multipliers. I believe they fixed Blazer being able to kill with the multipliers, yet Aether's weirdness was left untouched.

In my unprofessional, pulled-out-of-my-butt opinion, I would imagine that these hitboxes normally have their knockback negated by the following trapping hits, but in the case of Aether, the multiplied knockback becomes too great for the following strike to slow them down and they just blast off.

Top Bottom