• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B has a deadly sweetspot.

Xheracross

Smash Rookie
NNID
XenoJake
I haven't tested anything in actual matches so I don't know how much DI can affect the follow up, but when messing around in friendlies I can kill with D-throw to Up-B from as low as 83% on Mario on standard Final Destination. Apologies if this is already known, I'm new to the boards, but I haven't seen anyone talk about this insane kill potential from a grab.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It is known, there are quite a few threads where it's talked about. It can also combo from dash attack at lower percents. up air strings into shuttle loop is a thing too, etc. read up!

KeeblerGuy

Smash Cadet
Your opponent can DI to the right/left to avoid it, but you can FThrow if they are DIing like that. It is most useful for ending combo strings.

Xheracross

Smash Rookie
NNID
XenoJake
I'd imagine they can DI slightly left or right but I would think you could still follow up since you can Up-B while dashing, making it just a matter of timing.

DiggersBoy

Smash Apprentice
I recommend the Lovely Data Thread that I made (shameless plug), if you wanna learn the basics of Meta Knight! I got things like Ito's throw guide, the many slashes of DownB, and much more!

Actually, did I even mention in that thread throw combos lmao

Top Bottom