• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up-B and throw questions

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
please don't tell pichu I like playing as sheik I only like it for the movement(only reason).

But I would like to know if there would be any use for up-B non recovery wise. I was thinking about tilt to upiar and maybe up-B because the small jump give sheik a small boost and it has fair knockback. Also I bet everyone knows this but when sheik is high enough sheik's up-B has no lag when sheik lands I teste din 1/4 speed no lag. also seeing how sheik falls faster than most the cast I would it would be somewhat safe. Im I just reatrded?

Also 2 questions about thorws. 1. other than edge guard and not wanting to do much damage is there any rreason not to use d-throw? I know your F***ed when a decent sheik grabs you but any di advice is uber cool, I am clueless on fighting vs sheik even if i've been playing as sheik for a few weeks. I hinestly can't understand how to fight sheik's overly simple fighting sytle.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i thought of trying to do an up.b out of shield with sheik....

...it sucks. horrible idea.

upthrow for tech chasing is 95% the same as the dthrow. it can be easier sometimes if the spacie doesn't know anything about it. but dthrow is smarter and racks up more damage. other than for spacies, just down throw as much as you can

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
You can use upthrow as well as downthrow. The only times I use forward or back throw is on accident, or to get them off-stage. I also grab release sometimes to get them offstage.

UpB has some uses besides recovering. First of all, stalling the edge. You can also edgeguard with it: run to the edge, upB into the edge, if you hit them waveland on stage then tilt to fair or just fair, something like that. I also sometimes randomly upB from the ground in the middle of the stage, it is often not punished if I do it once but it also doesn't really lead to anything (just like the chain really). So there are almost always better options than upB.

Konata Star

Smash Rookie
I tend to use dthrow a lot with Sheik because well... it's awesome. I only really use uthrow to start a combo or toss the person up to my partner in 2v2. Up-b... I don't think it should be used for anything except recovery personally. I know I have used it is a couple combos by accident but, I don't recommend it.

Top Bottom