• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up and down tilts

Count

Smash Champion
How often do you guys use these attacks. I incorporate all five aerial attacks, the dash attack, the a-a-tailwhack, all three smashes, and my forward tilt, but I rarely use up and down tilts. I almost never use the up tilt although I know it is effective in some situations, and down tilt i only use when my opponent is hanging on the edge. So when do you guys use these attacks (if you do), and in what situation? Also, do any of you seem to neglect some of the other attacks?

(I use my b attacks often enough also of course.)

saberhof

Smash Master
well the downtilt can work vs shields maybe =O then when they try to grab you or hit you, they will get hit by another clap =D...i cant really give you any certain situation, but they are both useful, i think the uptilt can be good for juggling....

every move diddy has is useful for something...

Count

Smash Champion
Yes, I understand that they are useful, the main reason for this is so I can incorporate these moves into my game.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Lets just say dtilts can do MASSIVE damage on heavy characters. I usually apply dtilts to my game very often. I would usually dodgeroll right next to them dtilt, then dodgeroll other side and dtilt till it stops.
Usually get 50% in

Top Bottom