• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UP AIR for dayz

Sizzuurp

Smash Rookie
So i hear you can not fast fall his up air if you want to shffl them (so its not really a shffl i guess). Just short hop up air L cancel . cape and eggz does it very well. Is it better to C-stick it? thanks.

Last edited:

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
Using C-stick for ariels is the best option. It gives you a lot more mobility since you can do any ariel while using the analog stick to position yourself. I tried SHFFL uairs without using C-stick and I couldnt even do it lol

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
it's preference.
non fast fall uair is only good for short hop double uairs or double jumping before you hit the ground.
I prefer late uairs for combos

Last edited:

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
You can shffl with the joy stick, you just have to hit up to jump, reset the joy stick to neutral so you don't full jump, then tilt up again for the up air, making sure you don't hit it hard enough to double jump.

You can shffl uair, just make sure you're not fast falling so early the hit box doesn't come out. Also make sure you're starting the up air soon enough.

Sup Diana.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
you're going to want your uairs to be as late as possible so that you can act as quickly as possible before they get out of hit stun.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I don't know what the f*** is going on here. Hahahaha. Derf just said that you can do SH double up air? Or SH up air double jump? Are we talking PM? Cuz you can't do that in Melee. I switched from C-Stick up-airs to full on A. Auto cancelled up airs are early up airs. So use the early up airs to up air blind people. The late up airs also could be used to start the up air blind/shield pressure. But yes, if you use C-Stick, you can pull back easier while doing up air. I preferably love the A button more and I can get better up air combos that feel more fluid to me. My accuracy is better w/ A than the C-Stick.

Ben Andrews

Smash Rookie
I always thought you wanted to be throwing out the up air as late as possible, like right before you hit the ground and l-cancel to move on immediately. But I guess early up airs is where all the combo potential lies with Mario?

a rookie

Smash Ace
I always thought you wanted to be throwing out the up air as late as possible, like right before you hit the ground and l-cancel to move on immediately. But I guess early up airs is where all the combo potential lies with Mario?
It doesn't really matter when the up air hits tbh. The only thing that matters, is if it hits, it's your job to recognize the hit confirm. Only thing you gotta do is pay attention if it's a late up air or auto canceled up air because if you miss that L-Cancel, you just missed out on a combo. Late up air or early up air both can convert into an up air blind. Just get the hit and it's smooth sailing from there :p

Top Bottom