• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UnWanted unwarranted rolling and shielding happening to you too?

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Hey guys, Jazz again and Ive been noticing multiple rolls happen when they shouldnt. If I roll once in a FG match 46% of the time it double rolls in either direction. This I can't explain

Then I was in training mode practicing my Zair accuracy and I started noticing in the SH's I'd land and instashield or roll. This I found the cause of. Turns out if you land while still holding down on the grab button you put up shield as quick as possible for Samus and if your practicing backwards momentum SH Zairs you can accidentally roll.

So if anyone has an explanation for the random rolls in the first bit let me know.(and please provide useful information and not something along the lines of, "you shouldnt be rolling noob" I get that and I'm trying its extremely hard to get rid of completely OK?) And if you didn't know about the second bit try it for yourself.
Also is there any utility to the landing grab shield? Or is it useless?my money is on it being useless.

Anyway thanks guys,
Jazz

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
FG input buffer eats and repeats commands. Usually only if it is pretty laggy though.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Most I've had happen is starting a missile animation and rolling out of it instead of firing the missile.
That means you hit b then over. You were charging a charge shot then rolled. You can't cancel a missile with a roll. That would be sick though.

Top Bottom