• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unusual Chaingrabbing Problem

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I have chaingrabbing down fairly well. I only really use the alternate f-throw chaingrab, and occasionally the d-throw to fair.

I read that the best way to get damage out of the alternating throws is to have nana smash in between each set, but if popo smashes then the grab is broken.

Well, this works for me except..

Against my friends ROB! For some reason, nana's smashes are breaking the grab just like popo's do. Is this a known problem with ROB, is my friend doing some advanced break, or am I just not doing it right. Bad timing because of the weight maybe?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
He's probabily breaking out of it, I tried doing that same thing to ROB at 999% at training and I could get 2 smashes on him. He's likely breaking out of the grab as fast as possible. Even this works on Jiggs and G&W so weight shouldn't be a concern.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hmm, I was under the impression that it was very, very hard to break out of the alternate throws even with a smash inbetween. Only his rob can do it too, maybe he just tries harder... (its his main)

Well, thanks for the help, I guess I'll just alternate throw =\

Hit973

Smash Cadet
This has happened against my friend's R.O.B to. I gave up the smashes for that reason.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I never really try smashing in between the alternate throws because if I am good enough with the chaingrabs (which I'm not), I should be able to rack up enough damage with grabs alone.

Top Bottom