• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unresponsive C-Stick on original Gamecube controller

Wazurau

@EVO2K17 -> PGL KRAKOW -> DHATL17 -> GOML 2017
3DS FC
2423-3599-5502
I have a one of the original Gamecube controllers from like ages ago. It's barely been used though. All of the buttons, triggers, and control stick are in very good condition and nothing is sticky but, the C-Stick is unresponsive for some reason. Both of the sticks are in neutral position and I did the X + Y + Start reset but the c-stick is still unresponsive. Is there anyway to fix this? I'm willing to open up the face of the controller to clean and fix it if I have to (because if there's not a way to fix it with that method I'll have to buy a new one anyway).

EDIT: The up and down smashes register with the C-Stick if pressure is applied to it, but not the left and right.

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Open up the controller, unplug the c-stick plug, make sure all the copper chips are intact, replug and try again, if it doesn't work you may need a new c-stick, which doesn't cost much, but is hard to get a first-party one of.

Kadano

Magical Express
Either the potentiometer on the right side of the C-stick isn’t attached properly, or it is defect. If it seems to be attached properly, de-solder it and solder in a new one (I take them from dead controllers).

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
hello everybody , i love you all.

may be i have the same a problem. i used to play brawl and pm with my wii and originals GC pad.
Now i decided to go in advanced training in mélée and i just discovered that C-stick don't do anything.

some others informations that could be useful:
- i can't find any place i mélée's menu to setup my controller input as i do in brawl and PM
- my controller still works flawlessly in others gamecube games.
- i used a downloaded(hacked/patched?) mélée save file from internet to have everything unlock since i only look for the competitive play.
- i have a PAL wii and a PAL mélée game.

Thank you for any help.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
hello everybody , i love you all.

may be i have the same a problem. i used to play brawl and pm with my wii and originals GC pad.
Now i decided to go in advanced training in mélée and i just discovered that C-stick don't do anything.

some others informations that could be useful:
- i can't find any place i mélée's menu to setup my controller input as i do in brawl and PM
- my controller still works flawlessly in others gamecube games.
- i used a downloaded(hacked/patched?) mélée save file from internet to have everything unlock since i only look for the competitive play.
- i have a PAL wii and a PAL mélée game.

Thank you for any help.
In single player modes the C-stick controls the camera instead of its normal functionality. Just use versus mode instead.
You can't change your controls in Melee.

Last edited:

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
In single player modes the C-stick controls the camera instead of its normal functionality. Just use versus mode instead.
You can't change your controls in Melee.
thaannnnnnkkkkkkkkksss!

Top Bottom