• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unprofessional running of GB Singles Ladder

CraneStyle

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I have a question,Who else here is unsatisfied with how Gamebattles Singles ladder is being runned?

I REALLY hate their gay random map rotation of making ppl play maps like New Pork City,Mushroom Kingdom,Warioware,Rainbow Cruise,Summit,Skyworld,Temple(I lawl at this becuase Temple is banned from MLG their Father Company) and other gay maps that move or gimp players.I also don't like how in match finder they don't show names or xp in which someone who just joined will end up fight some who's top 20 or vice versa you know what I'm saying.I lose alot of matches from getting gimped by these stages alone which pisses me the f*** off.This garbage alone is why I think GB singles for SSBB is being ranned like s***.

Hey by the way do you guys know of a better more "professional" league or ladder that the map rotation has all the good maps and not the gay maps I don't care if it's a all pro league because I feel that playing gamebattles is making me lesser of a player because I'm second guessing my skill because of slipping of a map and getting pwned by a F***** FISH lol!

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Um, a singles ladder that MAKES you play Temple, New Pork, AND Warioware? Yeah, I'd try to find another ladder.

Do they force you to play with all items on high too? Geeze...

DoritoXI

Smash Cadet
You do know you don't have to actually play those maps right? Send a Pm to the challenger and tell them you want to play some tournament legal stages that prove skill, me and a friend do team doubles on GB and we do this all the time. More likely then not the person will want to play on the legal maps anyways.

Supax

Smash Apprentice
GB was never a very professional ladder unfortunately. The only thing you can really do is agree on rules with other competitive players and set the match up with the GB rules, but it's really unorganized that way. I just always prefered to stay away from that site. Sometimes the ladders become better after MLG comes out with official rules, but I haven't played a game on that ladder since the first season of Shadowrun. Just wait for MLG to put the game on the circuit (assuming they do) and wait for other major tournaments such as evo to start. That is where the real competition will be.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
GB was never a very professional ladder unfortunately. The only thing you can really do is agree on rules with other competitive players and set the match up with the GB rules, but it's really unorganized that way. I just always prefered to stay away from that site. Sometimes the ladders become better after MLG comes out with official rules, but I haven't played a game on that ladder since the first season of Shadowrun. Just wait for MLG to put the game on the circuit (assuming they do) and wait for other major tournaments such as evo to start. That is where the real competition will be.
A friend of mine showed me ads for MLG, they are already advertising their Brawl circuit and have been for at least a month I think.

Supax

Smash Apprentice
A friend of mine showed me ads for MLG, they are already advertising their Brawl circuit and have been for at least a month I think.
Nah, they are doing interviews and articles, and that USUALLY means they are putting the game on the circuit... But this wasn't the case with CoD4, so we won't know until it is announced. So you must have misinterpreted what they were actually advertising. That being the game itself and not the live events.

CraneStyle

Smash Cadet
You do know you don't have to actually play those maps right? Send a Pm to the challenger and tell them you want to play some tournament legal stages that prove skill, me and a friend do team doubles on GB and we do this all the time. More likely then not the person will want to play on the legal maps anyways.
Trust me I'm totally ahead of that but most ppl on gb don't have aim or don't answer messages and gb gives us gay maps ALL THE TIME it gets tiresome to try to contact my opponets so I'm like F*** it whatever

By the way I think I am gonna look into Smash World Rankings because GB just been getting on my nerves as of recently

Top Bottom