• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlocking all the characters "normally"

Barstool

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arispect
My friend and I have decided that when we get brawl, we're going to try to get all of the secret characters the "normal" way, aka not through x number of versus matches or SSE.
The only problem here is Mr. Game and Watch. From what I've seen, you need to beat classic mode with everyone else. To unlock Wolf, you need to beat boss rush on hard or something with Fox. Now, to get boss rush you need to have beaten SSE... which means you would have already gotten G&W.
Is there some way around this? Can we play SSE and skip unlocking G&W through it?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I thought you get Mr.G&W by beating Classic with all the starting characters? To answer your second question, you can't skip unlocking him when playing through the SSE you can skip Toon Link,Wolf and Jigglypuff but you meet everybody else throught the first time playing SSE.

Ichida

Smash Ace
My friend and I have decided that when we get brawl, we're going to try to get all of the secret characters the "normal" way, aka not through x number of versus matches or SSE.
...So maybe you could tell me what's so paranormal about unlocking via SSE? Seems like that would be the natural way as they become available via the game's actual storyline.

Barstool

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arispect
I certainly hope it's just the starters.
In that case the only troublesome person to unlock will be R.O.B.
250 unique trophies without SSEing, ugh.

EDIT:
Ichida said:
...So maybe you could tell me what's so paranormal about unlocking via SSE? Seems like that would be the natural way as they become available via the game's actual storyline.
Well, if you couldn't tell by the quotation marks, I'm using normal for the lack of a better word.
I suppose it's also the "classic" way to get 'em?
Traditional?
Whatever, it's just semantics, man.

D

Deleted member

Yes, I would like to unlock characters via the "classic" way as well. I want to get the player's guide for multiple reasons, but this is a big one too.

I will play SSE after I unlock everybody, however I understand that we are in the minority...

Ichida

Smash Ace
Well, if you couldn't tell by the quotation marks, I'm using normal for the lack of a better word.
I suppose it's also the "classic" way to get 'em?
Traditional?
Whatever, it's just semantics, man.
Still doesn't explain why you dislike unlocking via SSE. Versus battles I kind of understand, but...

D

Deleted member

Still doesn't explain why you dislike unlocking via SSE. Versus battles I kind of understand, but...
It is just more fun to me, it feels more like Smash 64 (I still play it), and I want to save SSE for later and not be rushing through it to unlock characters, I want to take my time with it when I get around to it.

Plus unlocking characters via Classic/Event mode feels more like Smash while SSE is more of a Kirby game and everyone has health bars instead of knocking them out...

And they aren't regular characters but weird enemies.

Top Bottom