• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlimited taunts or keep it limited during online matches?

Unlimited taunts or keep it limited during online matches?

• I want to taunt as many times as I want during my match

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Keep the system as it is

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Hmm.. not sure

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
As you know there is a limit to the number of times taunts are allowed in match, you are not allowed to spam them in short interval of time. Do you think this is a dumb idea, or would you prefer it stays the way it currently is.

Nah

Smash Champion
......There's a limit on the number of taunts you can do in a match?

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Yep. Should stay limited. Otherwise you'd get some players who would literally just run away and taunt every second, instead of actually, you know fighting.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
You start off with two taunts and get one back per kill, right? I see no problem there. Seems pretty reasonable, if you ask me.

Last edited:

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
If there's no limit for offline play, there should be no limit for online play, especially where some character's taunts serve a legitimate mechanical purpose (like Kirby). As far as the argument for just running and taunting goes, people already do that, just using other actions as pseudo-taunts (like King Dedede crouch, or Wii Fit Trainer smashes). I can't speak much for other modes as I don't use them very often, but in Tourney and FG 1v1 I highly doubt such activities would increase noticeably with unlimited taunts.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
This needs serious discussion because of chars like :4luigi::4kirby: who have useful taunts (:4luigi:spikes, :4kirby:to remove hats).
Also maybe :4greninja: but idk

1FC0

Smash Lord
Unlimited for sure. If you are that easilly insulted over taunting in a game then you need to develop a better personality.

Besidee think of Kirby, Luigi, and Greninja!

Blazerator

Smash Cadet
NNID
josh2499
Unlimited taunts for 1v1, but keep the current system for other modes so there's no taunt parties.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
What? Just want to know what people think of the taunt limitations
Well in that case, it's really up to the person if they wanna taunt whenever they want. There are some that could potentially use their taunts three in a row during a star or screen KO. As such, there is no limit to taunting.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Taunting is honestly part of the game so everyone should learn to deal with it. It adds a different dynamic to the game it different ways.

While mostly known for BMing, it's also used for utlity purposes for some characters such as :4kirby::4luigi:. It's also occasionally but more rarely used to show respect to each other at times.

Lupo539

Smash Rookie
See I don't have a problem with the taunts I would say keep them unlimited. But I just can't help but laugh when some people actually suicide themselves and taunt. It just makes me laugh because they are laughing at their own faults so I would definitely say keep them unlimited

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I think it should be that you start out with 2-3 taunts that you can use whenever, but after that there's like a 10-15 second cooldown between using each taunt. This would allow characters like Kirby and Luigi to use their taunt actions much better, while at the same time stop random taunt spammers.

Top Bottom