• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unknown Tech? New Tech?

DanSnaked

Smash Rookie
So I've doing something that has really got my brother pissed whenever we practice together, and I'm not entirely sure how I am doing it or what exactly I am doing. I can consistently pseudo crouch cancel his attacks at ~90%. I'll try to recount what I think I'm doing, and maybe someone can tell me what I'm actually doing.

So a couple nights ago, I was playing as marth and he was playing shiek. He had gotten me up to ~90% and as he went in to perform a dash-attack, I (think I) SDI'd downwards and (maybe teched in place) then punished him. This has happened many times in a fight, where I would be at a high percentage, and somehow be able to ignore being knocked upwards when hit (sometimes, I wouldn't even tech-land). Perhaps This is just the invisible ceiling glitch, or perhaps my brother is just johning and I'm not at as high of a percent that he says I am. But does anyone know if this is even possible (presuming it's not the invisible ceiling).

DanSnaked

Smash Rookie
Hmm. looking at some recent tournement video, i'm seeing a lot of people doing this at around the same percent. I guess that answer's my question of "is it new?".

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think you're talking about the Amsah tech, named after a popular European Shiek. Does it look like this?

Top Bottom