• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Kentucky 02/28/09 BRAWL PARADISE! ***METAKNIGHT BANNED***

Delvro

Smash Ace
Location: The Small Ballroom inside University Of Kentucky Student Center, 3rd floor.

Prizes:
1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Entry:
Venue: $5 (actually it's a con entry, so you'll have access to other events as well. FOR A LIST OF THESE EVENTS, visit www.ukmsu.org and go to the forums.)
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 (per team.)

Important times:
Doubles Registration: 11:30 am-12:00pm.
Tournament begins at 12:00pm.
30 minute intermission.
Singles Registration will begin during the intermission, and singles will begin immediately after.

Ruleset for Singles/Double Tournament.

Stages:

Starter: (to be determined by stage striking.)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counters:
Brinstar
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Green Greens

General Rules:
- 3 stock.
- 8 minute timer.
- Matches are best 2/3.
- Double Elimination.
- Items are set to "off" and "none."
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
- Stalling is banned.
- Infinite combos must end quickly at 300%.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Additional Rules:
- BYOC
- Tio will be used as our bracket creator.
- Heckling will NOT be tolerated. We know matches can be intense, but please keep it respectful! If any rude remarks, or public announcements of "I hope you lose" are heard, then you will receive a warning. After one warning, if you persist, you will be disqualified. Let's keep the environment fun and friendly! ^_^
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action (if the action is known to do so). You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- When called for a match, please indicate you heard.
- If you do not arrive for your match, your match will be moved to the back of the line. If you do not arrive when called for that match, you will be forfeited. Your name will be called three times before moved or forfeited.
- After winning or losing a match, report to the TO.

Staff:
Mayling
Greg
Eric
Hilt
Shadowphoenix

Once I get fliers printed, I will upload an image for all of you to see.
Also, DEPENDANT ON ATTENDANCE, we may do pools for singles (and bring the top 32 to a DE bracket), but probably not if we get over 50 people or so.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
posting first! but yeah I'll be therre (but of course you knew that already.)

Hopefully we'll get a good turnout.

Delvro

Smash Ace
here at UK we ALWAYS get a good turnout =P

I'm renaming this place the University of Smash.

Beware of wavedashing 221, the teacher is really hard and 70% of the class fails~~

Top Bottom