• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Universal Crossover Fighter!

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
I was in Florida a few days ago on a family vacation, and one of the places I visited was Islands of Adventure. That gave me an idea for a crossover platform fighter starring characters from the Universal parks. I know not every Universal movie is represented there, but that's because the movies that get attractions tend to be the movies that people remember, so I'll use the parks as a guide. That also includes Universal Studios Japan, so expect some anime.

Brands
It's a crossover fighter, so expect many brands to be represented in the game. Not all of them will be represented with a fighter, but I'll provide a list of brands that I think should be represented here, via fighters, stages, items, etc.
Super Mario Bros. (and Nintendo)
Dragon Ball
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Shrek
Kung Fu Panda
Despicable Me
Harry Potter
Transformers
Men in Black
Fast and Furious
Jurassic Park
How to Train your Dragon
Back to the Future
My Hero Academia
Spongebob Squarepants
Dr. Seuss

Story

ADVENTURE ISLANDS

Like Brawl, this game would have a story mode. The story takes place on a fictional planet similar to Earth, mostly on the Adventure Islands (named after one of the Florida parks), a paradise where people from around the world (AKA movie characters) travel to because of an abundance of natural resources. Unfortunately, the islands are also on the radar of the game's main villain:
MASTER MICHAEL
Michael is a greedy king who rules over most of the planet, and he's looking to take over the Adventure Islands. He also has the appearance of a mouse (you should know EXACTLY who this is). It's up to the free citizens of the islands to save their home!

Gameplay and Consoles
Universal and Nintendo are good friends, so I imagine the game would be a Switch exclusive. While that would turn off Xbox and Playstation fans, it would give Universal access to Nintendo characters AND the Smash dev team! That's right; this game would play just like Smash! The only notable difference is the renaming of final smashes, which are now called "climax moves" (like the climax of a movie).

Last edited:

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
Now that I know what brands would be in this game, I can finally talk about who I think would be playable. Here's my ideal roster:
Dragon Ball
1. Goku (cover character)
Shrek
2. Shrek
3. Fiona
4. Donkey
Kung Fu Panda
5. Po
6. Tigress
Jurassic Park
7. Blue
Fast and Furious
8. Dom
9. Letty
Men in Black
10. J
Despicable Me
11. Gru
Transformers
12. Optimus Prime
13. Bumblebee
14. Mirage
15. Arcee
My Hero Academia
16. Deku
17. Uraraka
18. Iida
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
19. Jolyne
20. Jotaro
Spongebob Squarepants
21. Spongebob
Harry Potter
22. Harry
23. Hermione
24. Ron
How to Train Your Dragon
25. Toothless
Original Characters
26. Master Michael
27. Don the Jerk
28. Stoopid
29. Whamu (story mode protagonist)
Super Mario Bros.
30. Mario (story mode protagonist)
31. Luigi
32. Peach
33. Bowser
34. Yoshi
Nintendo All Stars
35. Link
36. Kirby
37. Pikachu
Dr. Seuss
38. The Grinch
39. Guy and Sam
Mii
40. Mii

If you have any questions about this roster, let me know!

Last edited:

billymonahan128

Smash Rookie
Looks good, although I'm not that big into all of the guest characters in here. Sure, they're all big and did had some history with Universal, mostly the theme parks, and yes, the Mario movie was a big hit for the company, but when you think of Universal, Mario, anime, Transformers, Spongebob, other Nintendo games, Man in Black, and Harry Potter are not number 1. They be good as DLC characters tho.

Top Bottom