• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unique option while on edge

Litt

Samus

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
Nice find! I think Samus is vulnerable for too long for this to actually be useful, but as you said, it's stylish :)

Litt

Samus
If it is expected, then yes samus is vulnerable during it if the opponent shields the zair, but if the zair connects, then it is indeed safe to use

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if you linked the correct clip then. I see a grapple recovery too close to the ledge getting bomb cancelled into a wave land. Does the Zair have a hit box still when it's cancelled, or why would they shield? This doesn't work in PAL, so I'm not sure about the details.
If you're hit, you're without your grapple recovering.

Litt

Samus
Yes the zair still has the hitbox, and in PAL you can not do the zair cancel into bomb

Litt

Samus
Ya, ive been screwing around with it a bit against a few top players in my region and it really is useful to regain stage position.

Litt

Samus
Again, too bad it doesn't work in PAL. I would be using it :(
Yo Jerk, another option you can use is just tap away from the stage and do a rising grapple, because after the beam animation ends, there is no landing lag when you land on the lower platform, so you can go right into shield, or just run towards the middle of the stage.

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I already use that in friendlies. I don't want to take the risk in serious matches. :)

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I'll learn to Aerial Interrupt consistently. It's one of Samus' bests options off the ledge for obvious reasons.

I don't like the name "Aerial Interrupt". Don't bash me cause I want another name for it, please KLit :p

Litt

Samus
I mean i dont like it much either... mainly because abbreviated its AI, which gets confused with artificial intelligence and just someone named AL, I just say Auto canceled tbh

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Also what's your opinion on varying the ledge option by wavelanding on the platform back towards the end of the stage as a mix-up? Could you see viability in stalling stage control if you anticipate getting read to approach the center?

Litt

Samus
Samus doesnt have invis frames even if he does a perfect ledge dash, so no its not really viable and you are most likely to mess up the timing and SD, samuses options on the edge are... this lol, normal stuff (jump, get up attack, fall, ect..) rising fair, rising up air, Aerial Interrupt, and wall jump into missile/charge shot.

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
I think as a mix up you could do the little trick of bomb from ledge on to stage, drift back and grab ledge again. It's a good way to regain your grapple if you're on the ledge but don't want to risk going all the way back on stage just then.

Litt

Samus
I think as a mix up you could do the little trick of bomb from ledge on to stage, drift back and grab ledge again. It's a good way to regain your grapple if you're on the ledge but don't want to risk going all the way back on stage just then.
If you have actually seen any of my matches... that is an option I have considered and done for a whileeeeeeeeeee now..... its a very poor option because you can get punished very easily for it, haxdashing with samus is much safer for getting your grapple back and for testing the water to going onto the stage... again... read my last post towards you about what you post on here, you are new, learn the ropes first

Litt

Samus
Can you just chill @ Litt Litt ?
I'm chill. Just noticed the guy just made the account Wednesday and started posting a ton, gave him the heads up (and you really have to admit for me, I was not over the top or too dickish this time)

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
No, I agree it was alright. Just that you responded to every post he did made you also
taken the time to comment on nearly everything...
I mean, another option is to send a PM instead.

Litt

Samus
No, I agree it was alright. Just that you responded to every post he did made you also
I mean, another option is to send a PM instead.
I didnt think of that until after I commented on everything xD turns out he just wanted enough posts to create a tourney listing b/c apparently you need at least 10

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
I didnt think of that until after I commented on everything xD turns out he just wanted enough posts to create a tourney listing b/c apparently you need at least 10
O:.... really? just start a **** post thread introducing yourself and saying where you're from, what your favorite color is, etc. lol I might start one just because.

Smash Journeyman
LOL so that's why

Litt

Samus
This is soooo stylish.
Thanks bud, you can actually do it so you get the full extent of the zair out, and make it up to the platfrom to waveland on to shield or avoid the follow up hit.

Top Bottom