• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unique Controller Schemes

DiosDePyro

Smash Cadet
-------------------deleted--------------------

Last edited:

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I play with tap jump off, and then I set R to special (for wingdashing). I never used R anyway, I use L to shield. Wingdash with R is much more comfortable for a melee veteran.

I've thought about switching y to shield for powershielding, but my powershield is pretty good w/o an instant reaction time and its too weird to try to shield with Y for me.

kown

Smash Lord
okay first DiosDePyro are you the pit i played against at HOBO? i forgot which one.

the controller scheme i play is tap jump off, L set to special, y to grab, and rumble off.
haha talk about a complicated control scheme.

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
i use my DVD remote.

The play button is set to special
rewind is set to auto wingdash backwards and fast forward is set to auto wingdash forewards.
Pause is used for wingshoving.

The little arrow keys are used for moving.

I dont have an attack button.

Tap jump is on.

The number buttons are used for shielding.

Just thought I'd throw that out their. XD

NxC

Smash Apprentice
I play with tap jump off, and then I set R to special (for wingdashing). I never used R anyway, I use L to shield.
I use a similar set up- L special for wingdashing, tap jump off.

I never used the L or X button, since I always shield with R and jump with Y. Since my fingers are nonetheless always on L, I set it to special and found it a lot easier to wingdash, especially with a buffered-in down-c-stick for faster reaction time. I still haven't found a use for the X button.

C-stick should be set to smash, IMO, since any effects of b-sticking anything of Pit's can be easily replicated without it, and with tap jump off, there's no reason to use it for tilts. Outside of f-smash, I never charge my smash attacks and just C-stick them.

Top Bottom