• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undiscovered(?) Tech, Micro Haymaker

Squiiidzoid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5026-5302-6885
I discovered a tech, i don't know if everyone knows about it or not, but it allows Mac to do a tiny version of the Jolt Haymaker, so i will call it Micro Haymaker. It has exactly the same damage, knockback and hitbox size, but it travels much less distance. The way you do it is similar to a Jump Cancelled Side B, but the timing is a bit later, so it is more of a Jump Buffered Side B. What happens when you do this is mac starts to jump, and then you press side b, and it gets buffered, so it comes out exactly when Mac starts to jump, and because it cancels your momentum, the jump doesn't happen so you remain at ground level, but you're still technically in the air, so you do the air version of side b, which has a much shorter distance. This tech allows you to safely side b towards the ledge while on stage, while standing right at the ledge. This only kills you if you literally roll to the very edge, face away from the stage and do this. Even if you misjudge the distance and do it too close, you can save yourself by pressing b again ASAP and DI-ing towards the stage, this will either make you land back on the stage or safely grab the ledge.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
I discovered a tech, i don't know if everyone knows about it or not, but it allows Mac to do a tiny version of the Jolt Haymaker, so i will call it Micro Haymaker. It has exactly the same damage, knockback and hitbox size, but it travels much less distance. The way you do it is similar to a Jump Cancelled Side B, but the timing is a bit later, so it is more of a Jump Buffered Side B. What happens when you do this is mac starts to jump, and then you press side b, and it gets buffered, so it comes out exactly when Mac starts to jump, and because it cancels your momentum, the jump doesn't happen so you remain at ground level, but you're still technically in the air, so you do the air version of side b, which has a much shorter distance. This tech allows you to safely side b towards the ledge while on stage, while standing right at the ledge. This only kills you if you literally roll to the very edge, face away from the stage and do this. Even if you misjudge the distance and do it too close, you can save yourself by pressing b again ASAP and DI-ing towards the stage, this will either make you land back on the stage or safely grab the ledge.
sounds interesting. i've never heard of it before.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
is it or is it not a jump cancelled side b?

what i'm imagining is a jolt haymaker like out of a weak hit like a jab in which you are literally just sliding along the ground while you jolt haymaker.

goodgrief

Smash Rookie
aerial side b goes less than from ground. this is just jumping then side b = less range.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
aerial side b goes less than from ground. this is just jumping then side b = less range.
ah... well, if that's the case, it's not as useful as i thought it would be. one of the reasons grounded sideB is useful is because it's surprising -- it closes a pretty large gap while being invincible for the first four frames. simply decreasing the range on it means you probably could've committed to a safer option, esp since afaik the aerial sideB has no invincibility.

still a good look though. might end up being useful in some situations, and it's always good to not sideB off the stage. lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom