• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Underused UTilt?

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Playing as a Captain Falcon main for a while now, and I've noticed something about the mighty racer's UTilt. It's very rarely used in matches.
It may not seem like the best option in some cases, but I've found it very effective in spiking opponents on their return to the stage. I've hardly ever seen another Falcon player use it. It really seems to catch people off guard!
I might just be coming up against newish Falcon players online, but even I didn't know about it's spiking potential for a while. It seems to me like a much safer option than his DAir .
Does anyone else think it's a bit underused, or am I just going a little insane here? :p

Last edited:

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
Playing as a Captain Falcon main for a while now, and I've noticed something about the mighty racer's UTilt. It's very rarely used in matches.
It may not seem like the best option in some cases, but I've found it very effective in spiking opponents on their return to the stage. I've hardly ever seen another Falcon player use it. It really seems to catch people off guard!
I might just be coming up against newish Falcon players online, but even I didn't know about it's spiking potential for a while. It seems to me like a much safer option than his DAir .
Does anyone else think it's a bit underused, or am I just going a little insane here? :p
I do not feel it is, besides its spiking properties an angled forward tilt just works better and faster. If they are coming from above, Up-air is better too. I find down tilt and back air more useful edge guarding.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I found utilt really neat at the edge for an edgeguard, especially if their edge invincibility expired.

Ive found dtilt to be much more practical though. Faster, the hitbox stays out longer, it extends farther, and the knockback angle is usually enough to get a solid KO off the side or an edgeguarding situation.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
It was my go-to-move in Brawl, so I naturally use it a lot.

Ledgetrump > utilt is soooo gooood.
It also beats Ness' PK thunder cleanly.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I just think it's so satisfying. I play against lvl 9 Bowser simply for the satisfaction of a good Utilt.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
The Axe kick was one of the best buffs Falcon had in Sm4sh, I use it all the freaking time, when I DO get a spike it's so satisfying...

MoonSheep

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-2399-7444
I was messing around in training a few days ago and I could dash->u-tilt->grabdthrow->uair combo fairly easily

Also falcon u-tilt spikes on people ledge camping are hilarious, why they let u-tilt hit below falcon is beyond me

Top Bottom