• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Under-used charged arial

stones

Smash Rookie
So Lucas when charged (as we all should know) can press neutral B and release energy this is great for damage and I've been looking to find ways to combo into it without risk of punish. I found one rather inconsistent way is to jump cancel psimagnet and mash B to gimp in mid air. I really see potential in this move so post ur findings

Y-L

Smash Champion
If you charge on respawn and your opponent tries to approach you you can release the neutral b as soon as you're finished charging and it'll almost always hit your opponent.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
In most situations, Lucas' other moves are more useful that using PK Burst. Most of his moves have enough hitstun so that they may be finished with a bair. The move should generally be used as a mix-up, so you can keep your opponents guessing at which way they must DI. Speaking about direction, I find it very difficult to actually to hit characters at a horizontal angle instead of the average 45 degree. I know, it can be done, but the hitboxes are pretty weird. If anyone can offer insight to that, it'd be most appreciated. Admittedly, I have been able to combo (possibly because of bad DI) aerial PK Burst into Dair, but only rarely have I attempted that. The only thing that I see possibly potential about the move is when its used in the air as it seems to retain Lucas momentum, resembling a sliding effect. I'm curious to know that if by magnet pulling/b-reversing magnet, you can maintain the same momentum while using the move. (I'll try this later and let you know how it works.) What I'm more interested really is in the wind knockback of the charge itself. Similar to Ivy's, I can see a potential gimping ability from stopping other character recoveries, and possibly being an effective ledge guard tactic. Imagine you knock a character off stage, follow them up, use the charge, and they're now not able to recover because they were sent too far away. This poses another question. Can characters avoid the wind knockback by air dodging? If not, then this could be a great way to counter air dodged tethers. Someone confirm this?

stones

Smash Rookie
. Can characters avoid the wind knockback by air dodging? If not, then this could be a great way to counter air dodged tethers. Someone confirm this?
when shielding or dodging wind does nothing .... so yeh in other news a nair landed with a landing hitbox can lead into a pk burst.

stones

Smash Rookie
yes indeed but as for his PK burst I've seen/found another combo into it. start a juggle then if at mid percent Fair DJ PK burst. If at high percent Uair DJ PK burst. this gives ample time to get to the ground and continue your arial juggling destruction.

Top Bottom