• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unable to read disc error on Character select screen

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
If I stay on the css for longer than about a minute, the game gives me the error that happens when you eject the disc.
It seems to be tied to the new costumes, cycling to one of the new ones may or may not cause the error to occur sooner.

It's weird because the game works fine if I select my character very quickly and stay off of the css. So idk, has anyone else had this or been able to fix it?

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I deleted everything from the sd and then redownloaded it. I'm using the homebrew version.

I tested the disc in vanilla brawl, and it worked perfectly. I've never had problems running games before, hacked or normal, so it's definitely pm 3.5

Again, the game itself runs perfectly fine, but the CSS is what crashes. So...it's hard to say what the cause is

MaxThunder

PM Support
Never really encountered this problem before... Is the SD card formatted to FAT32?.. If not, go ahead and format it to that... Just make sure you turn off quick format and don't even touch the allocation size option...

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Never really encountered this problem before... Is the SD card formatted to FAT32?.. If not, go ahead and format it to that... Just make sure you turn off quick format and don't even touch the allocation size option...
Yes, I double checked it and it's still formatted to FAT32. It's odd that this has only happened to me, I might have to get it from a friend if we can't find the fix.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I did find a workaround. Apparently, going into special brawl makes it not crash at all. So I can just use normal specials for now until I get my friend's download (which is optional now I guess). Thanks for the help though, it's much appreciated!

Top Bottom