• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unable to grab Kirby out of his dash attack (30s video in OP)

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
This was done using a PM 3.02.iso on the dolphin emulator, so who knows could be the cause:
http://www.twitch.tv/freemukiller/c/3749030

I would test it out with other characters' grabs, or take the time to go into brawlbox and look at the new dash attack myself, but there's two or three times in the video that I feel like the grab should work and it doesn't soo...

yep, as if any kirby main needed to be told... dash attack is pretty good xD

Fortress

Smash Master
I'm running 3.0, and one of our guys plays Kirby and dash attacks a lot. I'm able to shield it, drop shield as he's passing over me, turn around, and grab him. I haven't seen any problems with it, at least with Sheik.

Glick

Smash Lord
I'm running 3.0, and one of our guys plays Kirby and dash attacks a lot. I'm able to shield it, drop shield as he's passing over me, turn around, and grab him. I haven't seen any problems with it, at least with Sheik.
Some characters can grab him backwards during the crossup. I've seen someone drop sheild and reverse JC Grab me and still get me.

Fortress

Smash Master
I know that Sheik can grab from behind during a dash, but it's not likely that it'd happen to a Kirby player who gets shielded by a Sheik, which is why I R-JC grab him. Link, on the other hand, does have the capability to do that straight out of shield without turning around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom