• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Umebura Japan Major Discussion

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Abadango :4bayonetta2: 2-0 T :4link:

rip the dream

TDK being the Link expert here and all, what do you think of the MU? . Mostly becuase I see a growing arugment on Smashbaords that Link goes even with Bayo.

The general consenus is that :4tlink: does well against her. However I can see regular Link gets comboed and edgegaurded a lot worse by Bayo than Tink.
and While Link can also keep Bayo put with all his projectiles, he can have a harder time escaping from Bayo in disavantage to his below-average mobility.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
TDK being the Link expert here and all, what do you think of the MU? . Mostly becuase I see a growing arugment on Smashbaords that Link goes even with Bayo.
I'd hardly call myself an expert, but I'll do my best.

Link-Bayo as a matchup, is a war of attrition. Link's best attributes in this matchup are his Projectiles and his ability to get reward off of grab. As Link, your goal should be to play as minimalistic as possible and force Bayonetta to come to you, as Link's disadvantage state isn't great and it isn't aided by Link's better landing options all being aggressive (Dair and Nair). Thankfully, Link has a lot of options to keep Bayo out and pester her until Dthrow Uair (Worst case scenario, Uthrow) percents. Bombs also give you a safe way to hit her without activating witch time, and in general Link's single hits are scary enough that he doesn't need long combos, and if you're patient enough, damage will rack up fairly quickly. Due to the above average startup time of most of his attacks, Witch Time is very threatening, and you should only be going for normals if you can get away with them. Obviously, once she gets in, it's going to hurt, as Link's disadvantage is below average and his recovery, while long and somewhat unpredictable, is still exploitable. Once in disadvantage, Link has a little freedom if he's holding a bomb, as that puts Bayonetta on a timer and if it blows up on both of you, you can fastfall back down to the ground and resume camping until grab %s. Overall, the matchup is a test of patience for both players, and relies on the Link's ability to keep the Bayo out, as his camping ability will force Bayonetta to approach, as projectiles and a strong disjoint can seriously mess up her planking.

Knowing T, he probably ran in like he always does, which then let Aba take him off the top somewhat easily, which is probably the main reason he lost.

Top Bottom