• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Umbai(Ike) vs. Ic3(pika) training

Ic3

Smash Cadet
heres me and roommate training for upcoming tourney, was hoping to get some critiques and advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kghjer3W7k

In advance, this is far from our best playing as i said its just training. Also i hardly ever, use pikas side b, so don't think thats normal, just mistakes on my part.

Video quality sucks, if you have somewhere i can upload video that wont degrade quality as much tell me and ill upload and post that link.

Ic3

Smash Cadet
Can you elaborate, I know my dair into the ground leaves me open and have been working on my returning from off the stage. Any other areas im leaving open? Ike i know leaves alot open did you mean him mostly?

thanks trying to get better ,be harsh

umbai

Smash Rookie
--Bump--

We have the Tourney in 9 days, could really use some advice here. We'll try to post a 3rd vid tonight if we can, we need to know what we should work on most before the tourney, being our first one it would be great to do well.

thanks fellas, and like IC3 said, be harsh. It's the only way to learn!

Betaz

Smash Ace
:/ your Ike needs work...the second vid was better but not by much...try to use QD as more of an option of moving rather than attacking...use n-air more as well... and dear god do not use Aether on the groung when they are right in front of you -.- use it when they are directly above you...unless it's pika...cause pika has thunder

parkermortensen

Smash Cadet
You guys leave yourselves open fairly often.. Like Betaz said, Aether isn't for hand-to-hand combat, and it's certainly not better than his upair, nair, or bair for killing off the top.

I know you said that it was just practice, but please, rarely use skull bash. :p Do it for the children.

umbai

Smash Rookie
Much better, thanks for advice! I've been workin on my Ike since those two vids, I had no previous experience before brawl really, and Ic3 is definately good to learn from. I've improved much since the last vids but im still very open. I realize that the aethers are terrible in the vids, im working on my airs constantly these days... short hops are rough for me for some reason. : /

Once again, thanks. New vid coming soon, would appreciate more critique! Thanks.

Top Bottom