• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate

Daer

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
0033 7210 7455
Just finished unlocking all the characters. Smash ultimate is the newest smash I’ve played as I’m coming from Melee. Any tips or tricks to getting used to this game? Also maybe help narrowing down a main. I like to be in control of the match and be fairly aggressive.

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
Just finished unlocking all the characters. Smash ultimate is the newest smash I’ve played as I’m coming from Melee. Any tips or tricks to getting used to this game? Also maybe help narrowing down a main. I like to be in control of the match and be fairly aggressive.
For getting used to the game I actually recommend using YouTube. There are a ton of good videos with guides and information. Not currently recommending any specific channels but several top players from Melee and Sm4sh have been producing content with various degrees of usefulness.

In terms of a main, I would recommend giving :ultfox: a shot, however if he was your main in Melee then perhaps not. I use :ultyounglink: due to how incredibly fast he can feel. He's a very combo heavy character but keep in mind he's a projectile user so his playstyle might not suit you.

Whatever the case, best of luck!

Edit:
Some other characters you might want to try.
:ultwolf:, :ultwario:, :ultinkling:, :ultpeach:, :ultroy:

Last edited:

Daer

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
0033 7210 7455
For getting used to the game I actually recommend using YouTube. There are a ton of good videos with guides and information. Not currently recommending any specific channels but several top players from Melee and Sm4sh have been producing content with various degrees of usefulness.

In terms of a main, I would recommend giving :ultfox: a shot, however if he was your main in Melee then perhaps not. I use :ultyounglink: due to how incredibly fast he can feel. He's a very combo heavy character but keep in mind he's a projectile user so his playstyle might not suit you.

Edit:

Edit:
I checked out some of the videos and they were quite helpful! I really like the feels of :ultmario::ultpikachu::ultlink::ultyounglink: as of right now. I feel projectiles are pretty useful in this game

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I checked out some of the videos and they were quite helpful! I really like the feels of :ultmario::ultpikachu::ultlink::ultyounglink: as of right now. I feel projectiles are pretty useful in this game
Pikachu is definitely a good choice. I normally main Mario for most of the games, but I made the switch on this game and I haven't regret it since. Definitely recommend and Pichu is also really good too.

Top Bottom