• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, non mortal kombat fans would miss the announcement. Thankfully we can now announce scorpion in a regular direct instead!
I'd rather see Sub Zero to be honest. I feel his moveset would be easier integrated into Smash's age rating without having a lot of tonal overhauls.

Of course that is if you'd consider his retro appearances to be more representative of him than... Well, whatever it is now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I guess that is true. Just wish wasn't often considered a joke, but maybe it just reminds me how often Palu picks on Pit (well most characters in Uprising actually) and as one who's been picked on a lot, I can relate to Pit's position in a way, except that well, my temper... but that's another story. As for the star KO thing, I need to see that with Roy. The one that was most hilarious to me was Brawl's D3, and maybe Ultimate's Wolf... kinda.

I hope so. It'd be one of my wishes. I'd be happy to express my creative ideas further in time. I suppose me talking about these things a lot is stale, but years of different feelings do it for ya. I do feel kinda excited from that positive vibe you provide though, hoping it comes true, for creative expression and justice! :ultpit:
I don’t think you can really relate to Pit in any way until you kill gods and beat up a girl who has...had...a crush on you
So I just realized until now that Jump Force will have its own original main antagonist by the name of Kane.

So Galeem/Dharkon vs. Kane when?
Mayor President Corporate Demon King God Dead Daddy Kane confirmed for Smash
Why?

Can't handle Scorpion preforming fatalities on Isabelle?
I want to see that now
Link can take selfies
Sora can take selfies
They're basically like the same person now
And Pit can’t read...the end

D

Deleted member

I'd rather see Sub Zero to be honest. I feel his moveset would be easier integrated into Smash's age rating without having a lot of tonal overhauls.

Of course that is if you'd consider his retro appearances to be more representative of him than... Well, whatever it is now.
I think Injustice showed that MK characters don’t necessarily need to be super gorey to work as long as you give them cool supers, and Sub-Zero would definitely be one of the easier characters to implement. Always liked him more than Scorpion anyway.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Sub-Zero would be better because ice

Think of ice as an element. We only have Ice Climbers and Lucas!

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don’t think you can really relate to Pit in any way until you kill gods and beat up a girl who has...had...a crush on you
Which was why I said I can relate to him in terms of being picked on a lot... I almost wanna say bullying because it kinda feels that way sometimes occasionally with the things Palu... and I think Viridi, say, and Pit not really able to stand up for himself. Only true difference is my temper compared to Pit likely being naive or something, but almost always is upbeat. I do wish he'd stand up against the Gods when they treat him bad, though. Then again, the thing about Dark Pit's existence and him being part of Pit's darker thoughts or something does have me curious what Pit would've been thinking if his darker side was still in him...

D

Deleted member

I think Injustice showed that MK characters don’t necessarily need to be super gorey to work as long as you give them cool supers, and Sub-Zero would definitely be one of the easier characters to implement. Always liked him more than Scorpion anyway.
True, there's also the fact that Sub-Zero would be a +1 to some ice-based fighters. Perhaps even with the ability to do the freezie status on a fighter with some of his moves 'n so on. Or at least something akin to it.

We only got the climbers so far who can do it afaik, and the only other ones with similar damage types (water ice) are Greninja, Corrin, and Squirtle. Mario if you count FLUDD but then again I dunno if I'd categorize pushers as "damage" types.. I probably missed someone anyway.

D

Deleted member

Who is even considered the main character of mortal combat?
There isn't really a main character, not anymore anyway.
Liu Kang did canonically end up being the champion of the first two games' tournaments, but after that he became less important. Still a noteworthy character, both as protagonist and antagonist, but he definitely lost some plot relevance after he won the second Mortal Kombat tournament against Shao Kang.

Every game pretty much has it's own main protag at this point. MK9 ended up being Raiden as the main dude, while the Cage family (Johnny Cage, Cassie Cage, Sonya) ended up being the most relevant in X.

With Scarlet being one of the first gameplay reveal characters, I expect her to be very relevant to 11's storymode, though she might be more in X Mileena's shoes than the overall focus.

Well, it's gonna be exciting to check out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly if we are going to talk about Mortal Combat characters, I’d think out best bet is Scorpion. He is the most popular, at least I think.

I also wanna see Scorpion rip Mario’s spine off and crack his neck

D

Deleted member

Honestly if we are going to talk about Mortal Combat characters, I’d think out best bet is Scorpion. He is the most popular, at least I think.

I also wanna see Scorpion rip Mario’s spine off and crack his neck
The only real sin of this post is that you spelled Kombat wrong.

That said, it's definitely either Scorpion or Sub-Zero that'll happen. They're too iconic to not be the main draws from that franchise.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

That said, it's definitely either Scorpion or Sub-Zero that'll happen. They're too iconic to not be the main draws from that franchise.
Ahhhhh of course ya gotta have a K instead of a C. For the kids and stuff. It looks “hip”. /s
It's unfortunate, yes...
But thanks for using that pic, people need to realize that Geno is actually adorable and that pic conveys it perfectly lol
He never really looked adorable to me. He always looked serious.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Nope, Wario didn't get any new songs.
Waaaaaaaa

They could have at least thrown in a few unremixed tracks from WarioWare Gold like they did for Mario Tennis Aces

Speaking of Aces, for anyone who has it, is it worth getting? I head that it's fixed a lot of the issues it had at launch have been addressed (like Bowser Jr. being OP) but was wondering how active online is at this point and whether there are still major problems with it. Was thinking of waiting until a sale, but the idea of playing tennis as a Blooper is too tempting

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Geno is kinda of a mix of cute and serious to me.

Like he’s a small puppet who comes from a lighthearted franchise yet due to his personality and powers, he’s mostly seen as a “cool/badass” character along the ranks of Shadow, Skull Kid, etc.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master

What about Immortal Kombat? The fighters keep on trying to kill each other, but no one dies. You hear "Finish him", and then a character tries to kill someone but their opponent just doesn't die. Each game lasts forever.

D

Deleted member

What about Immortal Kombat? The fighters keep on trying to kill each other, but no one dies. You hear "Finish him", and then a character tries to kill someone but their opponent just doesn't die. Each game lasts forever.
I'm not sure what you mean. You saying the franchise should be called "Immortal Kombat" instead, or that it's a game that exists somewhere?

I mean I guess it'd be thematically appropriate, but then again, Immortal Kombat doesn't sound as good in that dumb techno song.

D

Deleted member

Oh so you mean a more violent version of setting a time battle to the infinite setting in Smash

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I'm not sure what you mean. You saying the franchise should be called "Immortal Kombat" instead, or that it's a game that exists somewhere?

I mean I guess it'd be thematically appropriate, but then again, Immortal Kombat doesn't sound as good in that dumb techno song.
It's a hypothetical scenario that I imagined for humorous purposes. It is also, coincidentally, a real game, which I had no idea about until I looked it up.

D

Deleted member

It's a hypothetical scenario that I imagined for humorous purposes. It is also, coincidentally, a real game, which I had no idea about until I looked it up.
That is pretty hilarious. And looking it up, it's a pretty weird game too.

D

Deleted member

Who is even considered the main character of mortal combat?
Story-wise, Liu Kang generally. Scorpion is the mascot and most iconic character though. It’s like how Jago is the main character of Killer Instinct but Fulgore is who they used as a mascot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom