• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I kinda hope it's Mai.

I've never even heard of ''Nakoruru."

She seems super random as hell to add.

Whereas Mai is kind of like Great Value Chun Li. If Chun Li is the brand name. Mai is her equally cool knock off.

So basically how Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera co-existed when there were the million Britney knock offs.
Do you realize though how much Mai would have to be censored tho.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Another fun fact about SNK:

The Metal Slug team worked with SEGA/Sammy on a game called Dolphin Blue which is basically a aquatic version of Metal Slug

Game only came out out in the AtomisWave arcade board. there was a strong support for a dreamcast port in the early 2000s however it was too late as DC was pretty much dead at that point. Its fun game with cool designs, awesome music, and every cool thing you'd expect from a Metal Slug game

The only way to play it now is on Dreamcast emulator like Demul which has a Atomiswave BIOS. Clearly im not making this post to give people an idea for what they should request sega to port in the future or anything....;)

*This series is in no way related to Ecco the Dolphin

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
WHINING FOOLS BEGONE

I know jack **** about Nakoruru but I played her once on KoFXIV and she's cool so she'd be the most interesting DLC character so far and also she got a bird

WHINING FOOLS BEGONE
INB4 People start complaining about there being too many characters using birds as weapons. :ultduckhunt::ultbanjokazooie::ulticeclimbers::ultfalcon:

We need more diversity in the roster. More Sword Wielders.

D

Deleted member

• DQ11/3/4/8 as skins
  • the hero each alt colour related to
  • command window
  • omnislash w/ all other DQ heroes
If you took a browse at the Erdrick speculation thread, I've seen all of these theorized in a single post well before February. Does he have a previous track record beyond that?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Pretty sure people will complain about anime girl using a bird when we just got Banjo who uses a bird.

It's almost inevitable.

Not saying it's justified, though. Just saying there will be those who are angry, especially since most won't be aware of the leak and bet on Crash and Doomguy.

Double K

Smash Lord
I kinda hope it's Mai.

I've never even heard of ''Nakoruru."

She seems super random as hell to add.

Whereas Mai is kind of like Great Value Chun Li. If Chun Li is the brand name. Mai is her equally cool knock off.

So basically how Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera co-existed when there were the million Britney knock offs.
Nakoruru is the sort of main character of SamSho, their go-to for crossover content, is used for a **** ton of charity work and humanitarian efforts IRL, and SamSho is on center stage for SNK's modern revival

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently sitting here on my phone with my dogs chilling. One of them on my lap. All while listening to music. :)

Didn't realize how much I needed this right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All I'm saying is it wasn't even 24 hours since we were backing a vaguely reliable dude who said Ryu Hayabusa. In the off chance that both Naku and Ryu get in, great. However, I'm finding it hard to believe with just one dude, same as with Ryu. If someone else said Naku, I'd be onboard.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If you took a browse at the Erdrick speculation thread, I've seen all of these theorized in a single post well before February. Does he have a previous track record beyond that?
hard to say

the hero 'leaks' + female fighting game character were the only tweets written in english; the rest before and after the fact were mostly written in japanese that didn't translate well

i find it notable because of how it came at a time when most people assumed it was erdrick, not 'hero' as he claimed

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
this guy got all this stuff before brave was even discovered in the files, before the game even released

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Pretty sure people will complain about anime girl using a bird when we just got Banjo who uses a bird.

It's almost inevitable.

Not saying it's justified, though. Just saying there will be those who are angry, especially since most won't be aware of the leak and bet on Crash and Doomguy.
Nah. I think Nakoruru has enough going for her at surface value that those confused by her will take a liking towards her. It's a cool design and the idea of a bird companion that you can actually command will draw people in.

D

Deleted member

hard to say

the hero 'leaks' + female fighting game character were the only tweets written in english; the rest before and after the fact were mostly written in japanese that didn't translate well

i find it notable because of how it came at a time when most people assumed it was erdrick, not 'hero' as he claimed
this guy got all this stuff before brave was even discovered in the files, before the game even released
Combining these two facts, that's pretty okay, yeah. I guess all I need is one more person on the Bird Word and it's official

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Uh... if the thing about SNK copyright is right or true, this means that any Tracer or Ryu Hayabusa leaks are deconfirmed, right? But I don't understand one thing about SNK, is it popular or not?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Hmm... You know, I never thought of it, but what would Doomguy's alternate colors be? Is there anything they can reference?

Double K

Smash Lord
Uh... if the thing about SNK copyright is right or true, this means that any Tracer or Ryu Hayabusa leaks are deconfirmed, right? But I don't understand one thing about SNK, is it popular or not?
SNK is pretty huge in virtually every region but North America (if you discount Mexico) and Europe... AUS too, kind of

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
props to Flyboy Flyboy for finding that the 'all rights reserved' message is consistent across every SNK crossover (Tekken 7, FIGHTING EX LAYER), etc.

this copyright line is just how SNK does it for everything they're in

bird is back on the brain

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Combining these two facts, that's pretty okay, yeah. I guess all I need is one more person on the Bird Word and it's official
forgot about this, but he also talked about switch vr in december, a few months before labo vr was announced

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's not the most known company in the States, but man is it iconic and important. Houses some of the most beloved franchises such as Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters, and Metal Slug.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
SNK is pretty huge in virtually every region but North America (if you discount Mexico) and Europe... AUS too, kind of
Then probably not. Sorry.

I thought of SNK, and then I started to think about that leak on 4chan, which said that the fourth character would likely confuse or disappoint most peoples.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was never sandbagging SNK or any other third-party, or at least I wasn't trying to come across like I was. All I was trying to say is that I didn't think Nakoruru was a good choice for DLC.

What I have a problem with is when this thread brushes aside the opinions that don't match their own. While my knowledge is limited, I do know a little about SNK. However, there are plenty of people who've never even heard of it and would be disappointed if Nakoruru got in. Those people are essentially being told that they have no right to be upset, that they should've played SNK if they didn't want to be disappointed, and that they should be happy that Nintendo is introducing them to a franchise they may or may not be interested in. That's what I don't think is fair.
Again, I apologize if it seemed like I was saying you aren't allowed to be disappointed. That in itself is fine. I'd rather have Terry for an SNK character if anyone at all.

But each DLC is bound to make people disappointed, you can't please everyone. There's people who don't even like Banjo-Kazooie, there's people who don't even like Hero. However no one likes a Debbie-Downer either. Though it isn't right to rub it in people's faces either. So hopefully I didn't come across as doing so.

Like I had said, none of the DLC exactly appeals to me yet in particular, but I'm fine with that because I didn't blindly buy the pass right out the gate.

D

Deleted member

HOWEVER we were in a similar position with that one guy on Resetera. I don't remember his name, but he was the guy who leaked Cloud just before his reveal. With no track record beyond the Cloud reveal, he said there'd be a female alt for Eedrick when that was clearly false. I'd still be cautious of this twitter user because he may only have one thing right. And as Panda said, we don't really know if he got anything wrong with so many untranslated tweets

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Nah. I think Nakoruru has enough going for her at surface value that those confused by her will take a liking towards her. It's a cool design and the idea of a bird companion that you can actually command will draw people in.
Eh. But then that'd be sorta like Rosalina.

People are still gonna complain

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
You do realize that it'd confuse/disappoint US/EU people, and that SNKs popularity is pretty huge in China, SEA, JP, LatAm and the like, right?
Yeah, now that you mention it, I do think you're right. You did mention that SNK wasn't too popular in the USA or Europe, so I'm starting to see how that 4chan leak would fit in that another leak of SNK copyright.

Don't know if it's been brought up yet but it should be noted that challenger pack 5 has every single copyright that we know of at this point listed, including Atlus and Microsoft.
I'm still of the mind that it's just a mistake and not a leak but it could go either way.
Then let's wait. It's because it's a placeholder; they haven't yet announced the 5th character. I'm certain it's a mistake

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Now I'm just imagining Mai getting an invite for Smash Brothers and digging deep deep deep into her closet for an ugly Christmas sweater.

''Thank you Terry Bogard for that Christmas Party in the year of 1994."

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
so yeah with sabi (vergeben blunder from earlier put aside for now) saying there's something to this and this just being how SNK does copyrights, plus milk's leak and the bird pic

i'm back to thinkin it's real bird hours

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oki doki, think I'm going to bed now, gotta be ready for work tomorrow.

Good night to ya all here, and before I go, remember that if someone doesn't follow your belief on a character choice, remember to gently punch them in the face until they follow what you want them to follow.

Don't worry about the other, the goddess approve 101% of that action, and on that note, play Wonderful 101 you coward.

Brief, see ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom