• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I've made my magnum opus:

MNM1_thumbnail_small.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOZM9hfNURY

A MST3K-esque movie riff of a CGI Resident Evil movie.

Youtube ****ed up the release with a copyright bot so no one's gonna watch it, but whatever, it was fun as hell to make and I'm proud of it. So I wanted to share it with everyone here. (Can't embed though because there are a couple no-no words. Just a** and d***.)

Tagging Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F @JDCabrera Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas StormC StormC Shroob Shroob Striga Striga Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Opossum Opossum Gentlepanda Gentlepanda @Bolderousness Zinith Zinith and anyone else who would be interested in a funny movie about Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield shooting zombies while my brother and I make fun of it.

D

Deleted member

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-o3Vax2gzY2OE-l7P9TVHITgZAWfjCgMfB-X1NSEe58

This one.

It is a conspiracy theory about UA3 that seems strong.
Doesn't look that different to me. Plus a few heroes like Thor have different designs that borrow from different continuities. Feels more like fans obsessing from an old idea.

Youtube ****ed up the release with a copyright bot so no one's gonna watch it, but whatever, it was fun as hell to make and I'm proud of it. So I wanted to share it with everyone here. (Can't embed though because there are a couple no-no words. Just a** and d***.)

Tagging Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F @JDCabrera Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas StormC StormC Shroob Shroob Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Opossum Opossum and anyone else who would be interested in a funny movie about Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield shooting zombies while my brother and I make fun of it.
I'll watch when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 234676

Tagging Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F @JDCabrera Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas StormC StormC Shroob Shroob Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Opossum Opossum and anyone else who would be interested in a funny movie about Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield shooting zombies while my brother and I make fun of it.
I'll be sure to watch it later! Also, who drew the avatars? They look great!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Feeling pretty down lately, and I don't know why.

Got some wholesome memes in here?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Went to the gym, I see the thread got busy while I was away, how’s everybody doin?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft thought you’d be interested in my thoughts so far. They’re a bit unorganized. But I just wrote them down as they came to mind.

I think my biggest problem with the game was exemplified with a single moment of play. I was surrounded by enemies and I had a full Spartan Rage meter because I save that for boss fights. And he shouted “be careful!” And I, in real life, at the top of my lungs shouted “I shouldn’t have to be careful! I am the God of War!” And proceeded to waste my spartan rage on three low level Draugr.
I now understand that practically loosing to The Stranger in the beginning was the point of that encounter, but it gave me a demoralizing feeling that lasted the whole rest of the game.

I hate that I can’t jump on command. I hate how I can only attack directly in front of me meaning I have no coverage for when enemies inevitably get up from behind where I can’t see them because of this “artistic camera angle”. I hate how automated interactions are. No quick time events. No button mashing to pull chains. It doesn’t feel like I’m actually doing this stuff. It feels like I’m telling the game to do it for me.

I hate the new upgrade system. I just want to make myself stronger but none of this stuff does that. It’s just more useless moves. It was extremely depressing to see a classic red chest and think I was finally gonna get some xp. But no. I just got more materials for the ****ing crafting system. I don’t want to customize Kratos. I want to be Kratos.

I’m hate to explore in this game because of the open world. I’m scared that I’ll get lost just trying to find my way and end up spending hours just wasting time.

The new combat system doesn’t feel satisfying. Sure. I’m playing on easy so it is perfectly possible for me to just run in axe swinging. But unlike the previous titles in this series, I loose half of my goddamn health doing it with no visible way to upgrade my life bar. That actually works AGAINST the feeling of power I like to get when playing these games. I don’t feel like like a god. I don’t feel like a badass. I feel like an idiot.

I’ve been playing for the better part of the day after I got home from the doctor. I want to say at least 3-4 hours. And during that time I haven’t felt like I’ve done anything substantial at all. I’ve crossed a bridge and now I’m looking for flowers in a witches garden. Why am I doing that in a God of War game?

This game actively makes me sad. But it doesn’t matter what I think because everyone else loves it so it’s never going back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tagging Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F @JDCabrera Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas StormC StormC Shroob Shroob Striga Striga Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Opossum Opossum Gentlepanda Gentlepanda @Bolderousness Zinith Zinith and anyone else who would be interested in a funny movie about Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield shooting zombies while my brother and I make fun of it.
Time to spend an hour of my life in the best way possible.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just completed Fire Emblem: Three Houses as Black Eagles (Edelgard route) on Hard/Classic, it took me a while since I've been dealing with hand injuries, in that regard the game was both a blessing and a curse as it's not a very input heavy or reactionary game, but on the other hand it's a damn hard game to put down.

If I'm not mistaken a lot of other people in this thread also went the Edelgard route, so I'm not sure I can say much that hasn't already been said. I was really satisfied with my choice though, I fully agree with what Edelgard set out to do, and although I'm not sure if the path to get there needed to be so drastic, I was going into it hoping to get a more morally ambigious experience as I feel like there are plenty of Fire Emblem games where we can be the goody two-shoes already, so I got exactly what I wanted. I'll have a really difficult time doing the other playthroughs as I grew so attached to the whole idea behind this route, maybe I'll do Golden Deer at some point, but I doubt I'll ever do the Blue Lions or church route.

My only complaints are that the timeskip just kinda happens without much impact and is sorta waved off, and also that the Death Knight just vanished completely from the second part of the game. I suppose it's pretty obvious who it was all along, and it's probably handled in other routes, but it would have been nice for that loose end to be tied up from this viewpoint as well.

Overall it was a brilliant game, I'm by no means a Fire Emblem expert, but compared to the other games I've played in the series, I'd put it well ahead of Awakening and Radiant Dawn, but still short of Path of Radiance (which there's no shame in). The Switch has such a great library already, during my time as a Nintendo fan (stretching back to ~2000) I haven't been as happy to be one as I am now, we're currently in one of Nintendo's best ever periods imo.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ah bloody ******* hell to myself. -_-

I went to the creek with my dogs and unfortunately had my phone in my pocket when I went into the water. It might not work anymore now and might have to replace it. My dad is seeing if putting it in rice for a couple days will fix it if not gonna have to get a new one.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft thought you’d be interested in my thoughts so far. They’re a bit unorganized. But I just wrote them down as they came to mind.
Your feelings are understandable. Kratos in this game isn't supposed to be the unstoppable badass he was in the previous games as he is old and rusted in this game. You play as someone broken who attempted to give up the fighting and live a new life but is forced into battle once again. Thematically it makes sense why Kratos isn't stomping everything in his path, even Cory Balrog said Kratos in this game is weaker than his previous self as he has gotten rusty.

As for jumping, I was sad at it's disappearance at first as well. But I understood that jumping would have negated a lot of puzzles and level design which is why they couldn't incorporate it alongside the boy. The upgrade system can be a hit or miss sometimes, and I do feel like there could've been room for improvement in here. The combat might take a bit of time to adjust to and I do feel it was the most difficult part with developing the game as it's combining the new camera angle with the classic juggling of enemies. The life bar can be upgraded by finding Idunn apples which are locked inside Nornir chests which are usually locked behind puzzles.

The open world exploration in this game is actually hard to get lost into. The map is a very useful tool and most new areas you go into usually have linear paths that show you to where you should go. Exploration and side tracking isn't a bad thing in this game, you are rewarded for exploring by finding new armor and items that help you on your journey. Parts of the game are inaccessible to you at first as this is the game's way of telling you that you're not ready for this place yet.

I hope you do find enjoyment in the game as you continue playing it. It might seem that the game doesn't feel right for you, but as you continue playing it I believe you might discover something new within it that might strike a chord with you.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While the Ulysses Klaw theory could easily mean Samus in MUA3, in the end Smash and MUA3 are still two different projects.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Hey so about Nintendo taking down BrawlBRSTMS and GilvaSunner...

LOOKS LIKE THEYRE ACTUALLY FINALLY PUTTING SOME OSTS ON SPOTIFY

Linking tweet as it contains swearing.
I hope so, so very much. A lack of official OST releases won't mean much if Nintendo actually adds their music to something. Please, Nintendo. You're so close to the ideal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom