• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate is the dark souls of fighting games

ASAP_Smash

Smash Cadet
Has anyone else noticed that ultimate follows the same flow chart as dark souls 3 duels? It didn’t click with me until I went back to dark souls 3 for some pvp, but I quickly realized why Ultimate felt so natural.

Play with footsies and pokes until you force a roll/block, and then keep chasing/pressuring until they lose too much stamina to defend against a strong attack. Conversely, parry in a disadvantage state to punish pressure with a riposte. Literally dark souls 3 pvp. All it needs is back-stabs.

Ultimate is the dark souls of fighting games, lmao.

Last edited:

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
I have never played a Dark Souls game, but your description of the fight is truly accurate.

ASAP_Smash

Smash Cadet
Are you familiar with Guilty Gear?
I know it’s an anime fighter with a cult following.
I have never played a Dark Souls game, but your description of the fight is truly accurate.
Yep, if you watch a dark souls 3 arena duel, you’ll see a lot of the same thing. Getting a frame advantage and trying to catch rolls until they succesfully get away or parry.

Top Bottom