• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Smasher coming to US & Canada - where to go?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Hey guys JJLinyard here from the UK looking for some help planning what to do smash wise during my holiday out to the US and Canada for my uncles wedding. Basically I’ve been to the US (specially NYC) multiple times so I don’t really care about doing touristy things as I’ve done and seen a lot already but, this is the first time I’m coming over since I started my smash career and with the UK Smash Championship coming up in August this is a great opportunity to level up. I also commentate frequently in Europe so would love to get on the mic at some US tournaments if possible too. So basically looking to attend as many smashfests and tournaments and meet as many people as possible (I’m finally old enough to drink in your country :D) while I’m out here.

My current timetable of where I will be:
3rd - 7th July: I’ll be staying in NYC (Bronx)
8th - 12th July: I’ll be in Toronto (Scarborough) (Not free on the 9th & 12th)
13th - 15th July: I’ll be in Washington (No clue where though yet)
16th – 22nd July: I’ll be back in NYC (Bronx)

So now I just need help filling up the dates. So any redirections to the best place to ask around would be much appreciated and I look forward to meeting as many of you guys as possible.

Cheers
Ps I mainly play melee and dabble in PM.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
8th - 12th July: I’ll be in Toronto (Scarborough) (Not free on the 9th & 12th)
You can find the calendar for Toronto Smash events here http://ontario-smash.com/calendar-2/

Most of our weekly smash stuff happens at A&C World (info: http://www.acgamesonline.com/world/)

While you're here, there's a Smashfest for all Smash games on July 8th, from 3 PM to 10 PM, and there's a Smashfest for Melee on the 10th, same times. I think they've also started weekly tournaments for Melee on the Thursdays, so you'll be able to enter that on the 10th as well (I believe those start at 4 PM). There are also Brawl Smashfests on the Friday the 11th and you will probably be able to get a PM setup running, people should be down to play it with you.

Have a great time in Toronto! The Smash community here is very welcoming, you'll love it.

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Hey I live in Scarborough so if you wanna smash when you're in town drop me a PM. I'll get some other people in the area to drop by and we'll get some good food

Top Bottom