• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

brickman

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Allen would be alright, considering they are extremely laid back. Providing that they are not doing freshman orientation in their at the given time, I don't think it would be a terrible problem.

Also, since I am coming back early, I am going to get started on setting up the RSO. I'm not sure what the exact details are as far as creating one are. But I need to know that a good amount of people would join it if created.

magicmanfk

Smash Rookie
NNID
froseu
I can check when I arrive at Allen the 14th whether or not they have the sheet up to sign up for times in the main lounge.

brickman

Smash Lord
Yea, I was checking all of that out. If it is alright, I myself would be president and Dave O would be Treasurer. Just due to the fact that we live together, it would be easy, and we are setting it up. I hope that this is alright. If not comment, concerns, suggestions, etc. Also, I will probably see you all down at Allen, I am going to talk to them at the front desk and see if we cant not get some type of weeklies organized, or something to that effect.

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good to me. Are u living in Allen next year? I think there's some kinda rule or something about living in the dorms if u wanna create a club at Allen. Not sure tho.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Sounds good to me. Are u living in Allen next year? I think there's some kinda rule or something about living in the dorms if u wanna create a club at Allen. Not sure tho.
This is true--I contacted them 100 years ago when I was looking for a place to host SMYM 2, and I was told that you have to be part of Unit 1 (ie an Allen resident) to officially use their space.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Robin aren't you living in Allen this year? You can handle renting the common room then.

Oh, and I have no objections to you starting the RSO Brickman.

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
Once we get this organized, we should have crew battles with other colleges around us. ISU has a strong smash scene, right?

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
I agree that it would be quite fun to do.

What about Purdue? CunningKitsune goes there, right?

brickman

Smash Lord
I think we would do pretty well for Illinois. Not to be arrogant, but I think we are pretty good as a group. Or at least I think so. Although I would like to see more of T.J. around. God knows I need the practice.

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know if ISU has a smash scene, actually? I can't find any threads on it with the search

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
They have Hoefler (don't know how much he plays) and Grid (who almost never plays). I'm not sure who else is there, but I don't think it's brimming with star players.

-Q-

Smash Cadet
So I want to meet some peeps Saturday when I move in, but definitely after I'm done, I really want to smash at night if anyone is up for it. My roomate ,who is a horrible falco (C-Side *****), brought a 26 inch LCD, its pretty nice. I wouldn't mind playing in our room or if you wanted to play in your room. One guy next door is a decent marth, and he likes playing just as much as I do. If anyone is thinking about it smashing on the 18th, I'd love too meet you and play some games together before this thing at Allen on the 19th. Just PM me.

_marth1_

Smash Lord
matt and I will probably start playing at allen at 3-4 on sunday after we get stuff unpacked and will be there for awhile

looking forward to playing the new recruits

brickman

Smash Lord
I'll be there. Dave O too probably. I'll be making the RSO either Saturday or Sunday. Probably on Sunday after discuss and settle on a name.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Too bad about the location crap. Next time we'll make sure we can be some place, but this didn't turn out so bad really.

So what about weeklies? Maybe we should just meet at someone's apartment or some sure fire place

Tesserex

Smash Rookie
My roommate and I have a very nice place, Illini Tower room 205, he's got a 32" LCD TV, maybe we can use it. Our other two roommates haven't moved in so I would have to check with them, you know, whether I can have 20 smashers in our room at once.

Tesserex

Smash Rookie
Maybe we should have as many of us as possible meet somewhere on quad day? Just so it would be easier to talk this out with everyone. We live all different places and can't coordinate things on a forum very well.

brickman

Smash Lord
I will most likely be creating a Registered Student Organization today. The name will be Smashing Illini. We will work on a place for weeklies. Maybe at Allen Hall, maybe at my house. The details will have to be worked out.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Here's my vote that we stick with sundays... or perhaps alternate between sundays and saturdays if that works better for some of you fellas.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I might be playing some smash in the after noon today. I gotta check out quad day for some stuff but after that I'm good to go. If anybody wants in, I'm in Townsend 308 in ISR.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
We should get the ball rolling on getting together for a smashfest this weekend. Can we get the room at Allen rented or should we plan on someplace else? Weston?

And what's the status of the RSO?

Top Bottom