• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Not I, said the Andy. I actually think a smash kiosk on Quad Day is kind of silly... although 4 years ago I'm sure I wouldn't have.

You can probably do just about everything without physically being on campus, can't you? Why don't you give it a whirl?

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I really don't want to start it either, but I would be an officer. And on that note, even if I were to start it, I would need two other people fill the prerequisite positions as officers. We don't really need to smash on the quad on Quad Day I suppose, but it would be neat to at least have a table and attract new people.

On the other hand, if everyone feels we're fine with the group we have now that's something different and we don't need an RSO. I just thought that we needed to be an RSO in order for us to maybe rent rooms in the union for tournaments and such things. And if that's our only purpose then we don't need to be at Quad Day.

slomo431

Smash Ace
More tournaments and room renting ability would be nice, and we could at least prevent our group from facing each other in the first round every time. Those reasons alone are worth an RSO to me, although I admit I probably won't be the one doing most of the work. Whatever you guys decide to do/not do for Quad Day I'll support.

Still, I hope we don't deter orgs like the Illinites people and others from still holding their own Smash events now and then. I saw this as being more of a supplement to satiate our Smash cravings in between those random fundraiser tournaments. And maybe also to get some new blood around here. I definitely see a willingness to play this game at UIUC. I for one felt that the random people at tournaments kept getting better throughout the past year.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't mind trying to squeeze into the Weston or Allen lounges or whatever--trying to rent a campus-owned room for SMYM 2 was a nightmare, never mind the fact that you have to rent them in advance, and that you still can't have cash prizes.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah i dont really know what you guys are talking about...

however i will be going to school there this fall and i am definitely interested in some smash and i'll probably be attending as many smashfest/tourneys as possible there.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Where are people living next fall? Just curious cause I'm way over on first and I think the twins said they're somewhere north of green or something. It'd be cool to have a centrally located location with hopefully free parking for weeklies or something.

And let's get back to those Sunday afternoon weeklies. I never do anything Sunday afternoons anyway and it's better than using up those precious Friday and Saturday nights.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I suppose it doesn't really matter now. If we really want to start a tournament we could probably just organize it through SoCom. And if we want to smash on the quad, which I know some of us do, we can just do it at a random time when the sprinklers aren't on.

And don't worry about it Deku, it's just that we don't get as many tournaments as we'd like, but we have smashfests at least once a week.

And I'm still living in freaking ISR room 308.

Jhunwung

Smash Rookie
And I'm still living in freaking ISR room 308.
Hey Jon, it's Richard here from Townsend 471 last semester. Me and Tim (if you remember him) are going to be living in Wardall 907. About two other Asian smashers are living next door to us. In Townsend there's going to be Frank who plays the pink/white C. Falcon as well as the guy who hosted the TIA tournament in April. CrimsonQueso and two other smashing Asians (The Doctor Mario that doesn't use any special techniques & Phil) are going to be staying in a frat but they'll be over in my room often for sure.

For recognition purposes Frank & CrimsonQueso are the pair known as "Please Don't Put Us Against The Twins". Why do I keep saying Asian? It's because we're that random group of Asian smashers that go to the tournaments. It's hard to miss us, we're an awkward bunch.

Anywho, if you guys start up the RSO we're all probably going to end up joining it...

Hey Deku, do you know where you're going to be living yet?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
im living in those apartments on oregon. Europa housing or whatever its called... south of green street east side of campus on west oregon street.

Jhunwung

Smash Rookie
Oh, that's actually pretty close to ISR :laugh: Looks like we have to play sometime... again. I was that Zelda who got that lucky Din's Fire pseudo-spike on you underneath Pokemon Stadium =P

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
To everyone in ISR and the surrounding area, once again my door will be open if I'm in there and I'm always up for smash. You can also message me on aim if you wanna play.

brickman

Smash Lord
Hey guys, just to let you know, myself, Dave O and another friend of ours will have a house next year. An actual house, and while I don't want to speak for everyone in my house yet, I myself would be up for holding friendlies with some people from last years tournaments and maybe some from this year. As far as getting the RSO together we should probably find out who all is coming down a little early so we can meet up and discuss the possibility of it. I myself should be down on about the 15th of August. Let me know what you want me to do.

brickman

Smash Lord
Oh sorry for the double post, But my house is located at Iowa street, right behind LAR, pretty much 10 feet away from allen hall.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Oh wait, I don't have to work that day. There's a good chance I'll be there. Hope to see many UIUC smashers representing if they can make it.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
224 townsend, but i prbly wont have a system. if i do play any smash, it will be in richard/tim's room in wardall, everyone enjoy the rest of summer and good luck to the people goin to geneva

magicmanfk

Smash Rookie
NNID
froseu
hey, I'm at U of I too and would love to play. I'm at Allen hall, btw. I'm pretty sure I went to marth1's apartment a couple of times (w/ robin) and did some doc/bowser action. It might have been someone else though. Hopefully I'll have more time this semester than last.

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
So....are we RSO'ing or what?

Anyways, I have finals stuff and then am going back up to Northbrook on Friday. I'll come back down around the 18th. Let's have a smashfest then?

slomo431

Smash Ace
As long as that smashfest is on the 18th in the afternoon and not at night I'd be in for that.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
there definitely need to be more tourneys....

i cant believe this game is getting a hold of me again. ****

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
I'm always up for new people to play. I'll be back around the 15th, maybe even earlier, so if you're interested, IM me
(crimsonqueso is my AIM sn)

brickman

Smash Lord
This is not entirely confirmed, depending on what my roommate think, but we might be able to have a little something at my house. If not, we could maybe work on getting something at the union?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
If no one has a (big) apartment to spare, what about Allen, or failing that, Weston? Anyway, the Union is a no.

Top Bottom