• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uhh...does Zelda normally wall jump?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
So, I was playing against a computer (don't ask why) as Marth and all of a sudden, when we have this epic off-stage battle (except a little less epic), Zelda does what looks like a wall jump off of the very edge of the stage. It looked just like a wall jump. And from what I recall, Zelda does NOT wall jump. I immediately ended the match so I could save the replay but I have no way to upload it. Anyone have any insight/way for me to get it on the internets? I lack an SD card but I can send it to one of you guys.

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
did marth hit zelda into the wall because then zelda prob just techd of the wall plenty of people have done stuff like this with characters that dont have wall jumps

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I don't think I hit her into it. In fact I think I was on the stage at the time. I thought that might have happened, but I'm 95% sure I was on that stage at the time. The thing is she also jumpe diagonally upward right after it, too, just like a wall jump would. At this angle \ <---Maybe a little less than that angle from the stage's edge.

Well I just checked and I was right; I definitely was standing on that stage. Problem is, I got back onto the stage by Dolphin Slashing which hit her. She definitely wall teched. Sorry to get anyone's hopes up T_T;; I saw the two events as separate, it didn't look like a tech for some reason.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Hehe yeah I had a similiar thing happen to me on Shadow Moses Island quite a bit. I was Ike and I got hit into one of the piliar things and I thought he wall jumped. Which i'm pretty sure he can't do. Though yeah I guess it was just a wall tech. Would be pretty cool if they could wall jump better yet wall cling imagine that :p.

Also yes I do believe Sheik could wall jump in Melee.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
i pretty sure I saw Zelda wall jump earlier when I was playing on-line. I got hit under the lip of FD and I pressed away to try to angle myself for a FW. I swear I saw Zelda wall-jump before I used FW. I might have been seeing things but it really did look like a wall jump.

Top Bottom