• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uh oh. Looks like a different Captain Falcon...

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
He has a scarf thing... the new CF is Rick Wheeler from the anime series of F-Zero. You may recall that in the anime, Captain Falcon kills himself with a great big Falcon Punch, killing him and Black Shadow.

Rick Wheeler carried on the F-zero tradition. He dressed exactly like the OLD captain falcon. The only difference? He NOW WEARS A SCARF, OLD CAPTAIN FALCON DIDN'T. So Rick = New captain falcon.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*sigh*
do I have to bring this up again?

The anime was said to be only an "alternate universe" by the creator. Douglas J. Falcon doesn't even exist in the anime. The only 2 "captain falcons" in the anime are Bart and Ryu Suzaku. This is made even more obvious if you ever played F-zero GX(since Half of the good guys in F-zero were made into bad guys. Makes me even wonder if they bothered playing the video games.)

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
The old Captain Falcon DID wear a scarf, it was just tucked away. It's just more obvious now.

Look at the old pictures and look at his neck, you will see the loose fabric of the scarf.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
or you know, they could have just took the scarf out of his jacket
its like saying "ZOMG Captain Falcon has kneepads! He's obviously a different falcon, like Rick Wheeler"
/END OF THREAD

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
OH MY GOD HES RIGHT.

By the way, was Rick Wheeler ever called Captain Falcon Jr.? I remember my friend who is a big f-zero fan say there's a Captain Falcon Jr. He was probaly just kidding though.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
But why would they bring out the scarf? No OTHER changes, same black face/white eyes.
They revamped nearly everything, unlike Kirby or Pika who remained mostly the same looking. he has that shoulder thing, kneepads, nearly everything, but yeah using anime to justify character changes is a bad idea

tirkaro

Smash Champion
OH MY GOD HES RIGHT.

By the way, was Rick Wheeler ever called Captain Falcon Jr.? I remember my friend who is a big f-zero fan say there's a Captain Falcon Jr. He was probaly just kidding though.
no.......

thing is, in the anime, captain falcon doesn't really exist. It's only a title held by bart. In the anime, ryu-falcon is simply referred to as "captain falcon", since, once again, captain falcon is only a title in the anime.

ssbb=non-canonical.
but ssbb=based on canon.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Is it just me or is Captain Falcon's head never in proportion?

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
The reverse falcon punch adds even more power... HOW CAN THERE BE MOAR!?!

Oh and uh, with a more advanced physics engine, i think taking the scarf out is actually a good idea. New engine=better mechanics=better physics=flowing scarf. In melee it would have had to be hand animated and not very fluid.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Also, no more CLEFT CHIN. Rick had no Cleft
rick actually had a triangular head. If you look at rick wheeler, he's a lot younger, and looks virtually nothing like SSBB falcon.
But once again-

THE ANIME IS NOT CANON. IT TAKES PLACE IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE TO THE REAL F-ZERO TIMELINE. THE FALCON WE KNOW AND LOVE DIDN'T EVEN EXIST IN THE ANIME.

sheesh.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Rick Wheeler died from the explosion. Douglas just dusted off his suit and started racing again.

It's all a big mindgame, and big mindgames are to be expected from Falcon.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
They revamped nearly everything, unlike Kirby or Pika who remained mostly the same looking. he has that shoulder thing, kneepads, nearly everything, but yeah using anime to justify character changes is a bad idea
Pikachu got a decent graphical update. The shoulder thingy was always there, but I agree, I don't think that there was one thing in the game that was taken from any anime.

P.S. The kneepads were added for protection... protection for the other characters that is. ;)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Pikachu got a decent graphical update. The shoulder thingy was always there, but I agree, I don't think that there was one thing in the game that was taken from any anime.

P.S. The kneepads were added for protection... protection for the other characters that is. ;)
but he has 2 shoulder thingies and his belt changed, face, helmet, boots, everything got small but several changes. He's a completly different model, I think, like Link and Twilight Princess link.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
F-zero anime sucked, the actual F-zero games are awesome (except GP legend, I think it was called).

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
The anime was not canon. It was a crappy alternate-universe spin-off in which Falcon didn't even exist as a person. The Falcon we're seeing in Brawl is still the same Capt. Douglas J. Falcon we all know and love. END OF STORY.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
Yes Rick is also in a game. HAPPY NOW???

also, the pokemon also say their name, which is from the ANIME.

BUT ITS NOT CANON LOL
Rick was in an unpopular game based off of the unpopular non-canon alternate-universe anime.

And it's been a canonical fact that Pokemon say their names ever since the show started. And that was apparently the creators' intention from the start. Would you rather they make crappy 16-bit computerized sounds in Brawl?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Yes Rick is also in a game. HAPPY NOW???

also, the pokemon also say their name, which is from the ANIME.

BUT ITS NOT CANON LOL
Of course. Thats because the pokemon anime is almost synonymous with the video game series.

However, the f-zero anime isn't canon whatsoever. If you want to go even deeper into it:
the first reason is because, unlike the pokemon anime and games, the F-zero anime and games greatly contradict eachother. For example-

most obvious fact is that douglas J falcon doesn't exist in the anime. But for some reason, you keep on denying this fact.
Also obvious is that many characters are dramatically different from thier video game counterparts. For example, octoman in F-zero GX is a normal guy/alien who races to support his family and people. However, in the anime, he's an evil terrorist.
Also and the final stake in the heart in your little theory is the presence of black shadow in the anime. Since you keep on believing that Bart=Douglas, keep in mind that in F-zero GX, Falcon stays himself throughout the entire game. However, near the end of the game, black shadow is killed by deathborn. So if the F-zero anime took place before F-zero GX, then black shadow wouldn't be in GX. But if it took place after GX, Black shadow wouldn't be in the anime. GP legend just doesn't fit in the timeline.

And if you still need more convincing, Bart has an entirely different voice then Ryu/Rick. But SSBM falcon and SSBB falcon sound exactly the same. thread over.

also, the videogame with Ryu in it was based on the anime.

Top Bottom