• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ugh, his FS is confirmed as Link's FS.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Yup. How boring.

Was kinda expecting it tho. I mean, if he's willing to reuse the same FS three times for semi-clones (Fox, Falco, Wolf), why not for Link and Toon Link? Hell, they're the same character basically. He did it for Ness and Lucas too.

Couldn't do it for Falcon and Ganondorf tho, cuz they're not from the same series, etc. so there was really no way to do them the same without it being completely untrue to both characters.

I wonder why Luigi didn't get a cloned FS tho... I guess he actually respects Luigi as a character, or something like that.

S2

Smash Lord
I'm not surprised, but like the rest of Toon Link a little dissapointed.

That is, he is still fairly cloned. When the character should have had WW and PH moves.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
So we can't say "Luigified" anymore.

Really a disappointment.

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
does it really matter
people complain too much
this game is going to be sweet anyway
look on the brighter side (which i have to say is MUCH larger)
although i wouldnt have minded something to do with his wind baton thing...
like a tidal wave with the red lion boat thing flying through..
on second though...WHAT THE HELL SAKURAI

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm really getting more and more surprised about how Sakurai really gimped us out with the Final Smashes.

I kind of just figured that he would be embarrassed about stuff like this.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I think it should have been Landmaster! :(
Haha made me laugh. But seriously, I would rather have a game in June with COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FS's and maybe three more characters. O well.......................

Benjomin

Smash Rookie
Something doesn't look right in that picture especially around Mario's logo?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Might as well have been a green Landmaster, seriously... Oh wells, we know that Falco and Wolf arent clones of Fox (seriously, both have many new moves). Toon Link will have many differences too, just watch...

Beauregard

Smash Cadet
Here's a decent pic, his triforce slash does significantly more damage than regular links, (gannon has 83% from 0) and is almost killed instantly.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
You know, I was dissapointed with the all landmaster thing, but honestly, there is even MORE to draw from for a creative FS for Toon Link then Fox, Falco, and Wolf. Luigi got his own, and Marth got his own...
Well, actually, after watching Marth, Ike does not seem much like a clone, or luigi-fied. They're very similar, yet different.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
you know, instead of complaining you guys could, like, ENJOY the game. WOW some final smashes were reused, Sakurai could have said screw you and not even put Final Smashes at ALL.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
I'm really getting more and more surprised about how Sakurai really gimped us out with the Final Smashes.

I kind of just figured that he would be embarrassed about stuff like this.

Really? He should be embarrassed for giving us 32 more final smashes than Melee?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Don't see what the problem is. So a bunch of characters have the same Final Smash. At least he doesn't have Jigglypuff's. (Lamest FS ever!) Link's FS was the coolest. Now it's Hero of Winds' because it's all cartoony and cute! Seriously, I like his FS. It means I can practice with Link 'til I unlock Hero of Winds (BTW, anyone know how yet?!?) and not have to adjust my FS strategy. Yay for laziness.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
Oh great. TP Link is being reduced to rubble by a mere clone. Oh wells, won't stop me from using him.

But really, coming up with an FS for Toon Link shouldn't even be the least bit difficult regarding all the games he was in. I mean come on, Four Toon Links or Hurricane slash would be a great. :D

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Sigh, What a disappointment. Toon link had several nice ideas for a final smash, (such as flooding the coarse, Making four of himself, or shrinking everyone) but he has to use normal links FS...

By no means is it a bad final smash, but there were a pleathera of other options.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
He's not just "Toon Link." He's mainly based off Wind Waker (judging by the...er...Wind Waker he uses, as well as the Master Sword), not including Phantom Hourglass (unless the "Master Sword" I just mentioned was the Phantom Sword), 'cause that came out pretty recently. But still, there were a ton of other things he could've used. But he's not using them, and there's no point in complaining about it. coughcough*TC*coughcoughcough

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Since Toon Link will be one of my mains, I was concerned about this. However, after watching the video that shows all 35 FS's, I wasnt surprised, and was actually happy.

First, its not EXACTLY like Link's because it has a more cartoonish look (the triforce does)

Its also quite powerful, and fast, and looks cool. It could have been the Ballad of the Gales, or a Tsunami, but we got this one, and its not too bad.

Beats 3 Landmasters lol. Although, I wouldnt know what to give Falco or Wolf either, however decloned Falco was, and how much of an original character Wolf is compared to the other two.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Don't see what the problem is. So a bunch of characters have the same Final Smash. At least he doesn't have Jigglypuff's. (Lamest FS ever!) Link's FS was the coolest. Now it's Hero of Winds' because it's all cartoony and cute! Seriously, I like his FS. It means I can practice with Link 'til I unlock Hero of Winds (BTW, anyone know how yet?!?) and not have to adjust my FS strategy. Yay for laziness.
Doesn't Jiggly's FS = easy rest?

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
Since Toon Link will be one of my mains, I was concerned about this. However, after watching the video that shows all 35 FS's, I wasnt surprised, and was actually happy.

First, its not EXACTLY like Link's because it has a more cartoonish look (the triforce does)

Its also quite powerful, and fast, and looks cool. It could have been the Ballad of the Gales, or a Tsunami, but we got this one, and its not too bad.

Beats 3 Landmasters lol. Although, I wouldnt know what to give Falco or Wolf either, however decloned Falco was, and how much of an original character Wolf is compared to the other two.
Toon Link's FS doesn't really differ from Link's. It does the the same amount of damage and all it does differently is send you opponent upwards instead of leftward/rightward. I admit, it does beat 3 Landmasters.

Or 4. .

Top Bottom