• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ugggh Wavedashing!!!

jeebees

Smash Rookie
Hi all, I should start by saying that the IC were the first characters I learned to wavedash with. I'm slowly learning how to do it consistently, but the problem is instead of wavedashing, I roll....It is extremely annoying, and I'm abut to break my controller:mad: , either way, while I take a break, I just wanted to know how you guys wavedash with the IC.

Hopefully I will be able to get wavedashing down so that I can put up my grab game:)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You just have to hold the control stick in the direction you wish to go-- you don't have to continually smash it left or right.

Is that what your doing? When I was learning, I never had a problem with rolling...

jeebees

Smash Rookie
Hmmm well I do tend to smash the control stick where I want to go, maybe that's my problem. I'll try and hold the direction and see if that works.

Return_to_Sender

Smash Cadet
welll if you hold the control stick down like that you can't get the full length of your wave dashes.
i hit the control stick trying to get it in the most horizontol position possible to get the most distance. then i center the control stick and do it agian.
ohh and i use R and Y.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I jump with X and use R to wavedash. Maybe you just have to find out the right button configuration. Timing is also important. When I first started I could barely do it consistently, now it's too easy. I've been wavedashing for a long time now and I still don't have it down 100%. Sometimes I mess up the timing and end up jumping. But I just do an aerial or something and they have no idea I messed up :chuckle:

jeebees

Smash Rookie
hmmm that's interesting too, because when I hit the control stick I never centered it, so that's probably why I mess up, thanks

Return_to_Sender

Smash Cadet
yeah i had problems starting out its just getting the timing down then getting the whole movments into muscle memory. once all that happens then you try to slowly incorperate it into your game. just practice and you'll get it.

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
pratice dodging in the air left or right. then do it quicker in the jump. then quicker. eventually youll be doing it so low youll be on the ground

or. try doing it holding the control stick down. jump dash very quickly. then do it and slowly rotate the control stick left or right. and youll start to slide on the control stick.

i use x and r and my fingers do a sort of rolling motion to get the rhythm down right!

hope this all made sensee

Sock

Smash Cadet
I found that using the edges of the L or R was alot easier to wave dash with, wavedashing is the sex. xx

Top Bottom