• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA Monthlies: MARCH 24th! End of Winter Qtr! feat. PDALE,DSC,SUPRFRNDS,DBR + NorCal

Aesis

Smash Ace

The demand for a Santa Monica/Culver City/Burbank/West LA regular tournament scene needs satisfaction!

We here at the wonderful University of California Los Angeles are willing to hold regular, monthly tournaments that do not conflict with other major (or in close proximity) tournaments for the needs of our fellow (310) Smashers.

Delta Terrace B6 Lounge
350 De Neve Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90024

11:00 Warm Ups.
12:00 Doubles Starts.
You can come late for Singles, but I don't know how long it will take for Doubles to be over.

NEXT UCLA Tourney: MARCH 24TH!

Previous results:
Monthlies I

Notes
3/20 - Added Crew Battles rules.
3/19 - Removed Rainbow Cruise and Kongo Jungle 64 from the Doubles Random list, because they are not neutral stages.
3/18 - Banned Manacloud from attending.
3/15 - Banned the use of IC infinite.

COMING from the SOUTH:
1. Get on the 405-N.
2. EXIT on SUNSET BLVD.
3. Turn RIGHT onto W SUNSET BLVD.
4. Turn RIGHT onto BELLAGIO WAY.
5. Turn RIGHT onto DE NEVE DR.

COMING from the NORTH:
1. Get on the 405-S.
2. EXIT on SUNSET BLVD.
3. Turn LEFT onto W SUNSET BLVD.
4. Turn RIGHT onto BELLAGIO WAY.
5. Turn RIGHT onto DE NEVE DR.

End at LOT 11 if you're parking!

Map in relation to the 405 Freeway.
Map after EXITING off Sunset Blvd.

WHERE TO PARK:
OK, so this is VERY important. Parking in Los Angeles is ridiculous. Therefore, it will be hard if not impossible to find free parking. Best option is to pay $6 at Lot 11 on top of the hill and walk down to Sunset Village into Delta Terrace. Approx walking time: 5 minutes. Yes, $6 is a lot for parking, but theoretically you can go down to Westwood after the tournament and enjoy some UCLA fine dining ^_^. And if you attend UCLA in the first place then there really shouldn't be any problem.

IF YOU ARE BRINGING TV's:
Go ahead and skip Lot 11, and turn left into SUNSET VILLAGE.
Here there will be a turn-around loading circle where you can call me and I'll have the TV taken to the lounge, then go park somewhere. :laugh:

DETAILED NOTE ON WALKING TO DELTA TERRACE:
So, you parked at Lot 11. You walk down the hill all the way until you see Sunset Village. You'll head left into the turn-around area. After you change directions, keep going until you see an elevator on your left. Go in, head to the 1st floor. After you exit, turn right and the BUILDING IMMEDIATELY IN YOUR LINE OF SIGHT is B6 (Building 6). In order to get into the building, you have to have someone SWIPE the door. CALL ME so I can let you in.

If I win first place I will be reimbursing a portion of parking fees to those who paid for parking with part of the prize money, depending on how many people attend and how many people parked. Save your receipts. :embarrass

ENTRY:
$5 Singles Entry
$10 Doubles Entry
$5 dollar per Crew Entry if time and attendance allows
SPECIAL: For 24th, Crew Entry is $20 per CREW

POT DISTRIBUTION:
Singles (50%, 30%, 20%)
Doubles (50%, 30%, 20%)
Crews (Winner takes all)

CONTACT INFO:
Conact me via cell phone:

TOURNAMENT RULES: (from Knives' Riverside Thread)
Random stages - Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams(singles).
Banned Stages - Hyrule Temple, Flat Zone, Yoshi's Island, Brinstar Depths, Four Side, Big Blue, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island 64, Mushroom Kingdom I, Great Bay, Mute City(doubles), Fountain of Dreams(doubles)
Stage/Character selection - You may ask for a double blind pick first round. First round stage is random. If you do not wish the play the randomed stage, you may null it once and only once. If nulled, a random stage will be chosen again.
The winner of the previous round will choose one stage to ban. Loser chooses one stage to ban.You MAY ban NEUTRAL stages. Loser will then announce stage. Winner will choose character. Loser will choose character. No stage played twice.
Facing the same opponent - If you happen to face the same opponent twice, the match will be best of 4 out of 7. Wins from the previous set will carry over, meaning the winner will star with 2 wins and the loser with 1 or 0.

The use of the IC Infinite otherwise known as "Wobbles" is BANNED. If a player uses the infinite then they forfeit that game of the set automatically. The set will continue as normal. If the violation occurs in the first game, then the rules follow as usual. Etc. NO EXCEPTIONS.
CREWS:
1. Each crew must write down the characters each player will be using during the entire crew section of the tournament. Players MAY NOT switch characters.
2. At the beginning of a match, each crew will designate their first player, double-blind unless either team is willing to disclose their first player regardless. Immediately after this, each crew will give its list of players and characters to the opposing crew.
3. Stage Rules: The 6 Singles Neutrals will be used (FD, PS, YS, FoD, DL64, and BF). Each PLAYER is entitled to ONE stage cancel. RANDOM every time.
4. No Johns.

UCLA SPECIFIC RULES:
1. All attendees must pay respect to the facility and the residents in the building. Lounges are considered free game and our occupation is not completely restricted to only us. Therefore, please be mindful of your actions; WE DON'T WANT TO BAN ANYONE.
2. Friendlies can be played at any time. However, when a tournament match is to be played, you must IMMEDIATELY get off the Gamecube or you will be severly bitten by me, or I or one of the other directors will promptly unplug your controller.
3. MONEY MATCHES - Please do your money matches when there is FREE TIME. I expect you to know when there is an appropriate time to do money matches. Otherwise, PLEASE REFRAIN from doing money matches when the tournament is still going on!!!
4. Make sure to wear deodorant and TAKE A SHOWER the day of or night before the tournament. A room full of 30-40 Smashers (typically male) is not cool if we do not make it a point to be So Fresh and So Clean Clean.

- Please NOTE that we will run this tournament with Nealdt's "Tio." In doing so we will ensure the most efficient tournament experience possible. Also, we will run tournaments AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, with as little time as possible between matches. So take that in accordance with Rule #2.
- This is NOT AN OFFICIAL UCLA SANCTIONED EVENT. Don't expect to call UCLA or talk to the Front Desk asking where the UCLA Monthlies are at. They won't know, so don't bother !

Lastly:

WE NEED TV'S and GAMECUBES (w/ SSBM) TO MAKE THE TOURNAMENT GO AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.
Without TV's, tourneys go SUPPPPER SLOW. No one enjoys them. That also means barely any friendlies. SO BRING TV's. If you are hesitant to bring a TV, BRING IT anyway!!!

Any questions, feel free to post or call me.

Tentative Lists
Please post if you will be attending.
List of attendees (50 Entrants last time!):

• Aesis
  • ROFL
  • Emerican
  • BoA
  • Teba
  • LeePuff
  • Jizzinator
  • Petoo0
  • Ultra Luigi