• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
http://www.ssbpd.com/player/Bizarro Flame

Dang son, ranked in the top 100 in the world. Pri Gud.

You should upload the uc merced tournament brackets if you still have them. (or send them to me if you don't feel like going through all of them and correcting gamer tags that are misspelled and getting rid of aliases)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if you get first even at a local, your ELO will rise. to my knowledge, first place never lowers your ELO.

but if u get second :troll:

bizz, merced is really far from alameda. but i am considering making this just for you.

i want to settle this once and for all, i was really salty about losing our past 4 sets

i have a couple tournaments under my belt since i last faced you, but i don't want to see you rusty! are you entering this tournament? i'd love to have a rematch.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
if you get first even at a local, your ELO will rise. to my knowledge, first place never lowers your ELO.

but if u get second :troll:

bizz, merced is really far from alameda. but i am considering making this just for you.

i want to settle this once and for all, i was really salty about losing our past 4 sets

i have a couple tournaments under my belt since i last faced you, but i don't want to see you rusty! are you entering this tournament? i'd love to have a rematch.
yeah, I'm definitely entering. can't wait to raise my ELO through this tournament again =P

PandaCobo

Smash Apprentice
http://www.ssbpd.com/player/Bizarro Flame

Dang son, ranked in the top 100 in the world. Pri Gud.

You should upload the uc merced tournament brackets if you still have them. (or send them to me if you don't feel like going through all of them and correcting gamer tags that are misspelled and getting rid of aliases)
I second this hahahA so I could get some points haha no one has uploaded any of my tourney stuff haha

:phone:

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
I second this hahahA so I could get some points haha no one has uploaded any of my tourney stuff haha

:phone:
CJ! I REALLY want to come! There is a problem though...Elise is doing stand-up in Bakersfield the 21st, and I know that if I skip her stand-up for a video game tournament, I will never hear the end of it. Are you for sure going with the rest of the Fresno guys?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm excited for this

i'm coming down mainly for jason, but it will be a fun experience being back in merced again. maybe my brother can drop by lol, i'll let him know i'm gonna be there

MacD

Banned via Administration
i should come so i could make fun of mryaah IRL and pretend like i still play this game

but why would i want to go back to turlock

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
this was quite the conclusion to a very fun tournament series

shoutouts to nick getting 9th place at every single tourney.

shoutouts to jason being amazing, and all of his minions being decent.

shoutouts to fresno always getting whooped by top 2.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
This was a great tournament series that ended with a bang.

Thank you Modesto, Fresno, and San Francisco for coming out here!!!

Results:

Singles

1. Bizzarro Flame ($51.00)
2. Choknater ($25.50)
3. Obey
4. GB
5. 69% (Forfeited in Losers' Bracket. Really curious how far he could have gotten)
5. 2highsofly
7. Maru
7. Dunskies
9. GK Infinity
9. DTR
9. YIH
9. Tech
13. Mojo
13. Troy
13. LOYF
13. 2badsosad
17. Brian Styles
17. Smash Inflation

Falcon Side Tournament (Yoshi's Story only)

1 & 2: Obey & Dunskies
3: Bizzarro Flame
4: MGA2
5: Tech
5: Choknater
7: 2highsofly
7: GB
9: DTR
9: MARU
9: Smash Inflation
9: Marbin
13: LOYF
13: 2badsosad

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dang so good haha

bizz

i learned a LOT from my experience at merced and i hope to apply it at fuddruckers this weekend! my goal is top 3, we'll see if i make it.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
So that's how I didn't get last. lol

Didn't even have to win a match and still didn't get last.
yeayuhhzzz. you're the best, around!

dang so good haha

bizz

i learned a LOT from my experience at merced and i hope to apply it at fuddruckers this weekend! my goal is top 3, we'll see if i make it.
Good luck man. I'll be rootin' for ya

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I couldn't make it. I had a legit reason. I got a job a week before the tournament and was scheduled to work that Saturday. I guess I'll just keep on practicing so that when I finally do come up there, I will be ready for the competition.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Wait biz did you ever upload that bracket to ssbpd? Or did you skip it since it got corrupted? It doesn't appear to be in their system at any rate

Top Bottom