• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uber n00b?!, more like OU n00b!!

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
I joined Smogon not to long ago, but it seems everyone has to use the standerds!
so i pose a question to you!, do you use your favorites, or are you an OU n00b?. Me?, i built my (new) team based on my rival's, not really my favorites but then again, i can't really decide on favs...

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
naw, OU's are nice, but i don't really care where the pokemon is on the tiers.

now that don't mean i'm using beedrills or raticates on my team.

what it means is i use the pokemon that i like and that i feel will be usefull, in terms of their battle role (a sweeper should do a good job at sweeping, duh, a tank should take lots of hits and resist lots of popular types, etc.) if they can do a good job at whatever they are supposed to be doing on your team, who cares where they are on the tiers?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
or are you an OU n00b?.
Yes.:)

The way I see it, a person's "favorites" are Pokemon with a moveset that they enjoy owning with. Just because everyone is using Garchomp, it doesn't mean you have to as well. Don't let the Pokemon choose you. Let yourself choose the Pokemon.(Oh yeah. That is a DEEP phrase. It's a masterpiece)

btw, when you say "rival" do you mean in D/P, or your buddy/friend/etc.?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I recently created a team with the sole purpose of making Ramparados, my favorite 4th gen pokemon, the freaking powerhouse he should be. I built every single other pokemon on my party to support him. But after I finished my team and examened it, it was made of all OU pokemon (or at least I think they are) besides Ramparados. I really had no intention of that. I just looked at the pokemon's stats and moves and decided what should go where.

So... if it fits, use it.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
I can be a OU n00b, UU n00b or NU n00b, whatever you prefer.

And believe me I have seen Uber n00bs using a Mewtwo/Hardy/85hp/85att/85def/85spatt/85spdef/85spd Thunder, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Psychic. They go down anyways.

But I use my favorites/and some firepower (T-tar+Rhyperior ftw)

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
I mainly use UU, but I will delve into OU sometimes.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Yes.:)

The way I see it, a person's "favorites" are Pokemon with a moveset that they enjoy owning with. Just because everyone is using Garchomp, it doesn't mean you have to as well. Don't let the Pokemon choose you. Let yourself choose the Pokemon.(Oh yeah. That is a DEEP phrase. It's a masterpiece)

btw, when you say "rival" do you mean in D/P, or your buddy/friend/etc.?
Ok, now i get it! (somewhat)
my new team is based on the in-game rival, goes like this:

D

Deleted member

I once had a pikachu that owned. cept i had to get rid of it when competitively playing

Top Bottom